Обсуждение: Re: GetHierarchy

Re: GetHierarchy

От
bhanu udaya
Дата:
Greetings !

I have a hierarchy table with two attributes :  Parent_ID, Child_ID with the sample data (can go upto n-level) as below:

ParentIDChildID
13
14
35
56
67

I need a query to retrieve all the n level hierarchy when a Child node_id is passed. For example; if I pass 7, then i need parent nodes as below: I want to achive this in postgres database (version 9.2) without connect by prior.

ParentID ChildID
3               5
5              6
6             7

Any reply on this is great help.

Thanks and REgards
RAdha Krishna

Re: GetHierarchy

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
I need a query to retrieve all the n level hierarchy when a Child node_id is passed.
I think you're probably looking for the pgsql-general mailing list or Stack Overflow. This list is focused on the PgAdmin-III program.
--  Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services