Обсуждение: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

От
Andreas
Дата:
There is a bug in the highlighting of corresponding brackets.

If I click behind a ) it highlights the corresponding ( which is OK.

But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.

If I click somewhere else, it just erases the highlight of the last
couple of ().

If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?
And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.

it's no show stopper but I'd just wanted to mention it

Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 00:26 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> There is a bug in the highlighting of corresponding brackets.
>
> If I click behind a ) it highlights the corresponding ( which is OK.
>
> But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
> but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
> So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.

Doesn't happen to me. Which OS are you using? and if you're on Linux,
which version of wxWidgets?

> If I click somewhere else, it just erases the highlight of the last
> couple of ().

Obviously, it doesn't happen to me.

> If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
> intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?

Intended is probably a string word. Not cared, or forgotten, would fit
better.

Anyway, I added the code for that. Code that won't be in 1.14 though.

> And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.

Finding the other bracket is a wxWidget function. So I guess I can't do
much on this one. Is it a really big difference?

> it's no show stopper but I'd just wanted to mention it

Sure.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

От
Andreas
Дата:
Am 04.09.2011 08:52, schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:
> On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 00:26 +0200, Andreas wrote:
>> But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
>> but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
>> So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.
> Doesn't happen to me. Which OS are you using? and if you're on Linux,
> which version of wxWidgets?
Windows Vista ... well, yeah I know ... :(
>> If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
>> intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?
> Intended is probably a string word. Not cared, or forgotten, would fit
> better.
>
> Anyway, I added the code for that. Code that won't be in 1.14 though.
Nice to know there is someone making an efford to improve things.   :)
>> And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.
>>
> Finding the other bracket is a wxWidget function. So I guess I can't do
> much on this one. Is it a really big difference?
I haven't timed it with a stopwatch but before 1.14 there was no lag and
with 1.14rc1 there is a lag.
I wouldn't say it's really half a second but it's obviously making a
break to figure things out.

Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 14:23 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> Am 04.09.2011 08:52, schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:
> > On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 00:26 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> >> But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
> >> but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
> >> So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.
> > Doesn't happen to me. Which OS are you using? and if you're on Linux,
> > which version of wxWidgets?
> Windows Vista ... well, yeah I know ... :(

Can't check now on Windows, but will try tonight.

> >> If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
> >> intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?
> > Intended is probably a string word. Not cared, or forgotten, would fit
> > better.
> >
> > Anyway, I added the code for that. Code that won't be in 1.14 though.
> Nice to know there is someone making an efford to improve things.   :)

Fortunately, we are more than one.

> >> And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.
> >>
> > Finding the other bracket is a wxWidget function. So I guess I can't do
> > much on this one. Is it a really big difference?
> I haven't timed it with a stopwatch but before 1.14 there was no lag and
> with 1.14rc1 there is a lag.
> I wouldn't say it's really half a second but it's obviously making a
> break to figure things out.

You're on Windows, so you use the wxWidgets library that the pgAdmin
installer brought. Dave, did you change the wxWidgets release between
1.12 and 1.14?

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> You're on Windows, so you use the wxWidgets library that the pgAdmin
> installer brought. Dave, did you change the wxWidgets release between
> 1.12 and 1.14?

They're built on the same machines, so whilst we may have upgraded to
the latest point release from time to time, it would affect both
branches.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com