Обсуждение: What is considered a "slow processes"

What is considered a "slow processes"

От
"Benjamin Krajmalnik"
Дата:
noticedthat all of the queries are falling under the category of “slow processes” or “idle process”.  Some of the
processwhose query is showing as idle are tagged as idle processes, while some are tagged as slow processes.<p
class="MsoNormal">Couldthis be an “artifact” of using a connection pooler, since the client start times are sometimes a
fewminutes old?  What is the criteria for determining if a process is “slow”?<p class="MsoNormal">Running pg 8.4 on
FreeBSD7.2 amd64.</div>

Re: What is considered a "slow processes"

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 06/01/2011 17:53, Benjamin Krajmalnik a écrit :
> While playing around with pgadmin to see the state of running queries, I
> noticed that all of the queries are falling under the category of "slow
> processes" or "idle process".  Some of the process whose query is
> showing as idle are tagged as idle processes, while some are tagged as
> slow processes.

There is actually more possibilities:
* idle process: for each process that don't currently run a query and  aren't in a transaction block* blocked process:
foreach process waiting on a lock* active process: for each process executing a query since less than  10 seconds* slow
process:for each process executing a query since at least  10 seconds

> Could this be an "artifact" of using a connection pooler, since the
> client start times are sometimes a few minutes old?  What is the
> criteria for determining if a process is "slow"?

We use query_start to check if a query is slow, so I don't think it has
anything to do with a connection pooler.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com