Обсуждение: Text column display problem.

Text column display problem.

От
Lukasz Brodziak
Дата:
Hello,

I have an issue with displaying values in a text column. We have a
column holding definitions of templates stored as hex string. The
amount of characters varies to 60000 or more and pgAdmin shows empty
columns. Are there any limitation in the size of collumn that can be
displayed?

--
Łukasz Brodziak

Re: Text column display problem.

От
Lukasz Brodziak
Дата:
Forgot to add - I use pgadmin 1.12 with PG 8.4 in 1.8.4 it works.

--
Łukasz Brodziak
II MU Bioinformatyka

Re: Text column display problem.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 01/10/2010 08:47, Lukasz Brodziak a écrit :
> Forgot to add - I use pgadmin 1.12 with PG 8.4 in 1.8.4 it works.
>
> 2010/10/1 Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz.brodziak@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have an issue with displaying values in a text column. We have a
>> column holding definitions of templates stored as hex string. The
>> amount of characters varies to 60000 or more and pgAdmin shows empty
>> columns. Are there any limitation in the size of collumn that can be
>> displayed?
>>
>> --
>> Łukasz Brodziak

We always had issues with big lines. We need to work on this for the
next release. I didn't find the time yet to do it.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

Re: Text column display problem.

От
Lukasz Brodziak
Дата:
The thing is that the issue apperas to be connected some way with the
OS. I'm running Windows 7 where the problem occurs but on Windows XP
everything is fine.

--
Łukasz Brodziak
II MU Bioinformatyka

Re: Text column display problem.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 01/10/2010 11:28, Lukasz Brodziak a écrit :
> The thing is that the issue apperas to be connected some way with the
> OS. I'm running Windows 7 where the problem occurs but on Windows XP
> everything is fine.

I suppose the way wxWidgets handles it is not the same on XP and on
Windows 7. pgAdmin has the same behaviour on each Windows platform.
wxWidgets has probably some code that changes its behaviour depending on
Windows releases. Anyway, the code I want to work on would hide the
value (we obviously can't display a 1000+ characters string in such a
cell) and add an button that would open another window where the full
value would be displayed. But I still need to find time to work on that.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com