Обсуждение: Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1

Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1

От
Laurent Yaish
Дата:
Hi,

v1.10.0 RC1 does not display database comments in the SQL pane or in
the properties window using postgresql 8.1.9
The comment is displayed fine using pgadmin v1.8.4

Thanks,

Laurent

Re: Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Laurent
Yaish<laurenty+pgadmin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> v1.10.0 RC1 does not display database comments in the SQL pane or in
> the properties window using postgresql 8.1.9
> The comment is displayed fine using pgadmin v1.8.4

Unfortunately, prior to PG8.2 there was no shared catalog for the
descriptions, so descriptions were stored in each database. pgAdmin
now performs database level modifications from outside each database
which is required for some operations. Overall, the current design is
more beneficial. I'm not sure there's an easy way to fix this without
creating a mess of code that's simply not worth it though.

--
Dave Page

Re: Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1

От
Laurent Yaish
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Dave Page<dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Laurent
> Yaish<laurenty+pgadmin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> v1.10.0 RC1 does not display database comments in the SQL pane or in
>> the properties window using postgresql 8.1.9
>> The comment is displayed fine using pgadmin v1.8.4
>
> Unfortunately, prior to PG8.2 there was no shared catalog for the
> descriptions, so descriptions were stored in each database. pgAdmin
> now performs database level modifications from outside each database
> which is required for some operations. Overall, the current design is
> more beneficial. I'm not sure there's an easy way to fix this without
> creating a mess of code that's simply not worth it though.
>

> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Thanks Dave, no biggie. I guess it's just one more reason to upgrade to 8.2...

Laurent