Обсуждение: Issues with v1.10 beta 1

Issues with v1.10 beta 1

От
Kieran McCusker
Дата:
thecontents of the SQL pane which it didn't in 1.8.4. I think this behaviour is fine except when you go to open the
queryfile you actually want to work on. You now get the dialog "the text has changed. Do you want to save changes?"
to2. If I have a block where the first line(s) are indented by one more space than the final line it is not possible to
getthe block to align using keyboard. Also in 1.8.4 the line the cursor was on was excluded from block indent whereas
whileto figure out how to use this - probably me being dumb! When I first added the pgScript and pressed F5 it took me
awhile to understand why it didn't work. When I figured out it was F6 all was well except that my final query results
didn'tappear in the output pane.<br /> Would it be possible for the results of the last query to be sent to the output

Re: Issues with v1.10 beta 1

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 25/03/2009 13:19, Kieran McCusker wrote:
> *Query tool Ctrl-E*
> Selecting the Query tool opens with the contents of the SQL pane which
> it didn't in 1.8.4. I think this behaviour is fine except when you go to

This has always been an option - if you don't want the SQL pane contents
to be copied in, got to File -> Options -> Query tab, and near the
bottom untick "Copy SQL from...". It's probably enabled by default when
pgAdmin is first installed.

I'm delighted to see that there is now a keyboard shortcut to bring up
the query tool - I always felt the lack in previous versions.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Issues with v1.10 beta 1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Kieran McCusker
<kieran.mccusker@kwest.info> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using beta 1 for a few days now. It's looking good but could I
> mention the following items:
>
> Query tool Ctrl-E
> Selecting the Query tool opens with the contents of the SQL pane which it
> didn't in 1.8.4. I think this behaviour is fine except when you go to open
> the query file you actually want to work on. You now get the dialog "the
> text has changed. Do you want to save changes?" which of course it hasn't.

That's always been optional behaviour - see the 'Copy SQL from main
form...' option.

> Block indenting logic has changed
> I have tabs set to spaces and indent set to 2. If I have a block where the
> first line(s) are indented by one more space than the final line it is not
> possible to get the block to align using keyboard. Also in 1.8.4 the line
> the cursor was on was excluded from block indent whereas it is now included
> which makes it a bit more awkward to use.

Block indenting never used to exist afaict - we occasionally pickup
new features in the text control and it seems they added block
indent/outdent at the same time I did. I'll test and see if the
control's behaviour meets our requirements and remove our code if so.

> Execute pgScript.
> Took me little while to figure out how to use this - probably me being dumb!
> When I first added the pgScript and pressed F5 it took me a while to
> understand why it didn't work. When I figured out it was F6 all was well
> except that my final query results didn't appear in the output pane.
> Would it be possible for the results of the last query to be sent to the
> output pane?

Not sure if this is feasible or not - Mickael? It won't be in 1.10 anyway.

> I also wondered about F5 giving a clearer message if pgScript was detected?

I'm not sure if that's feasible either, because the Query Builder has
to work with any procedural language the user may want to use in
Postgres, Postgres Plus AS or Greenplum. Some of them will also look
very similar to pgScript.

> Many thanks for a great product.

You're welcome - thanks for the feedback.

--
Dave Page

Re: Issues with v1.10 beta 1

От
Mickael Deloison
Дата:
2009/3/25 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>> Execute pgScript.
>> Took me little while to figure out how to use this - probably me being dumb!
>> When I first added the pgScript and pressed F5 it took me a while to
>> understand why it didn't work. When I figured out it was F6 all was well
>> except that my final query results didn't appear in the output pane.
>> Would it be possible for the results of the last query to be sent to the
>> output pane?
>
> Not sure if this is feasible or not - Mickael? It won't be in 1.10 anyway.

Hi,

Quite hard to do! At this time, pgScript has no way of knowing when it
is executing the last query. So I put that in a TODO list but am not
sure it will be implemented.

Best regards,
Mickael

Re: Issues with v1.10 beta 1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>>> Execute pgScript.
>>> Took me little while to figure out how to use this - probably me being dumb!
>>> When I first added the pgScript and pressed F5 it took me a while to
>>> understand why it didn't work. When I figured out it was F6 all was well
>>> except that my final query results didn't appear in the output pane.
>>> Would it be possible for the results of the last query to be sent to the
>>> output pane?
>>
>> Not sure if this is feasible or not - Mickael? It won't be in 1.10 anyway.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Quite hard to do! At this time, pgScript has no way of knowing when it
> is executing the last query. So I put that in a TODO list but am not
> sure it will be implemented.

OK, thanks.

--
Dave Page