Обсуждение: No Graphical Explain

No Graphical Explain

От
Robert Shaw
Дата:
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
explains(yesI'm running an explain either with the button or f7) that I keep seeing on other peoples pgadmin3, <br
are:<br/>Version: pgadmin3 version: 1.8.4(Aug 20 2008, rev:7358) running on <br />OS: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 8.10<br
/>Configureoptions: unknown installed using apt-get(ie a deb package)<br />PostgreSQL version: 8.0 and 8.3, although
withthe same versions on other computers it works<br />wxWidgets version: not sure but have libwxbase2.8-0 installed<br
here!<a href="http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=633386" target="_new">Want to marry your mail?</a>

Re: No Graphical Explain

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Robert Shaw <redsmurfau@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may be a weird question but I can't view the graphical explains(yes I'm
> running an explain either with the button or f7) that I keep seeing on other
> peoples pgadmin3,
>
> I've looked but found no mention of this problem and no fixes via the
> internet(ie google).

Weird indeed - what do you mean 'can't view'? Can you see the canvas
but it's empty, or can't even select the tab? And does your wx
installation include wxOGL (I have no idea how to check that on
Ubuntu)?

--
Dave Page

Re: No Graphical Explain

От
Robert Shaw
Дата:
That's right I can see the canvas but its empty, I get the results in the Data Out put window, there is the query
resultsint he messages window, and the history in the history window.<br /><br />Also I've tried installing all the
packagesavailable for wx, but the wxOGL doesn't come up anywhere. <br /><br />If you can tell me where to get it and
pgadmin-support@postgresql.org<br/>> <br />> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Robert Shaw
can'tview the graphical explains(yes I'm<br />> > running an explain either with the button or f7) that I keep
'can'tview'? Can you see the canvas<br />> but it's empty, or can't even select the tab? And does your wx<br />>
Live.<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/windowslive/" target="_new">Looking for a place to manage all
youronline stuff?</a>

Re: No Graphical Explain

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Robert Shaw <redsmurfau@msn.com> wrote:
> That's right I can see the canvas but its empty, I get the results in the
> Data Out put window, there is the query results int he messages window, and
> the history in the history window.

Thats really odd. Can you try a query we know works please, in case
you've stumbled across some bug with the parser:

SELECT * FROM pg_tables;

> Also I've tried installing all the packages available for wx, but the wxOGL
> doesn't come up anywhere.
>
> If you can tell me where to get it and how to install it, that would be
> great.

It's probably not a seperate package on Ubuntu then - and even if it
were, on reflection I'm pretty sure pgAdmin wouldn't even start
without it.

--
Dave Page

Re: No Graphical Explain

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Robert Shaw <redsmurfau@msn.com> wrote:
> Well here's some screen shots of that , is there anything else i can do,
> some debug info or something?

Oh, I see what's up - you've turned on verbose explain output under
Query -> Explain Options. Turn that off, and you should get a regular
plan and a diagram.

For the vast majority of people verbose output is not helpful - and
pgAdmin can't render it into a diagram.

--
Dave Page

Re: No Graphical Explain

От
Robert Shaw
Дата:
weird it works now, I turned that on while trying to get it to work, but since then i installed all the wx packages i
couldfind! so not sure if one of those turned it on.<br /><br />either way cheers, I'll try to work it out on my next
pgadmin-support@postgresql.org<br/>> <br />> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Robert Shaw
<redsmurfau@msn.com>wrote:<br />> > Well here's some screen shots of that , is there anything else i can
explainoutput under<br />> Query -> Explain Options. Turn that off, and you should get a regular<br />> plan
href="http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fchannel%2Findex%2Easpx%3Ftrackingid%3D1046247&_t=773166080&_r=Hotmail_Endtext&_m=EXT"
target="_new">Viewphotos of singles in your area</a>