Обсуждение: Error editing table WITH primary key

Error editing table WITH primary key

От
"Terry Yapt"
Дата:
recentdatabase inserting all SQL command on pgadmin a SQL-window.  Tables shows right constraints PRIMARY KEY, but when
Itry to edit table data a warning message with the title "Edit table data without primary key" is showed and I cannot

Re: Error editing table WITH primary key

От
"Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[NCI INFORMATION SYSTEMS]"

Hi Terry,

     Is your primary key defined as “Unique”?  If this is the case, you may be trying to add a value for the key that already exists.  Or it may be defined as “not null) and you may be trying to insert a row with a null primary key.

     I hope it’s as simple as this for you.  J

Good luck!

Sue Walker-Thornton

Sue Walker-Thornton

ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems Application & Database Administrator

130 Research Drive

Hampton, VA  23666

Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001