Обсуждение: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Obe, Regina"
Дата:
andnewer than the latest production build.  Now it seems only the binary snapshots for slackware are the latest and
greatestand things like windows date back to 2007, much older than even the production build.<br /><br /> Even the
sourcesnapshot seems to be older than the slackware binary builds. Just wondering what happened there?<br /><br /><a
Regina</font><p><hrsize="1" /><p><strong> The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be
confidential,legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended solely for
theaddressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
> There used to be a time when the binary snapshots on the pgadmin site were
> the latest and greatest and newer than the latest production build.  Now it
> seems only the binary snapshots for slackware are the latest and greatest
> and things like windows date back to 2007, much older than even the
> production build.
>
> Even the source snapshot seems to be older than the slackware binary builds.
> Just wondering what happened there?

The source and slackware builds are automated on
developer.pgadmin.org. I've fixed the source builds which were broken
by a typo in a Makefile.

The OSX build was an automate build run by Florian - I don't know what
happened to that. I can probably run it on a box in my office if
Florian's is permanently offline.

The Win32 builds were never automated, and rely on one of us to
remember to build one from time to time. Which we clearly keep
forgetting :-( I'll add it to my list.

--
Dave Page

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Obe, Regina"
Дата:
buildrun by Florian - I don't know what<br /> > happened to that. I can probably run it on a box in my office if<br
/>> Florian's is permanently offline.<br /><br /> > The Win32 builds were never automated, and rely on one of us
to<br/> > remember to build one from time to time. Which we clearly keep<br /> > forgetting :-( I'll add it to my
/><p><strong>The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be confidential, legally privileged and/or
exemptfrom disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you received this in
color="339900"size="2"> Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this email and join us

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Dave Page wrote:
> The OSX build was an automate build run by Florian - I don't know what
> happened to that. I can probably run it on a box in my office if
> Florian's is permanently offline.

The harddrive in the old G3 crashed and burned (probably literally
speaking, judging from the sounds it produced ;-) ). So far, I haven't
been able to get a replacement drive that works in that machine - for
some reason, it refuses to talk to drives that are too new :-(

regards, Florian Pflug

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Florian G. Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> The OSX build was an automate build run by Florian - I don't know what
>> happened to that. I can probably run it on a box in my office if
>> Florian's is permanently offline.
>
> The harddrive in the old G3 crashed and burned (probably literally speaking,
> judging from the sounds it produced ;-) ). So far, I haven't been able to
> get a replacement drive that works in that machine - for some reason, it
> refuses to talk to drives that are too new :-(

OK, no worries. Having spent the weekend arguing with the harddrive in
my Sky+ box, I know where you're coming from!

--
Dave Page

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:50 AM, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
>> The Win32 builds were never automated, and rely on one of us to
>> remember to build one from time to time. Which we clearly keep
>> forgetting :-( I'll add it to my list.
>
> Thanks Dave - this is much appreciated.

I've uploaded a new win32 build. Use at your own risk :-p

It's at http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/, and will hit
the main website in an hour or three.

--
Dave Page

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Obe, Regina"
Дата:
> I've uploaded a new win32 build. Use at your own risk :-p

> It's at http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/, and will hit
> the main website in an hour or three.

Thanks.  I'll give it a try soon.

Regina

Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

От
"Obe, Regina"
Дата:
Dave and PgAdmin team,

Just wanted to give you guys a big thanks.  I see the graphical query designer is in place in this snapshot version and the inherit/unherit feature.  I'll have to kick the graphical query designer around a bit more, but so far its pretty sweet.

Thanks,
Regina

> I've uploaded a new win32 build. Use at your own risk :-p

> It's at http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/, and will hit
> the main website in an hour or three.

Thanks.  I'll give it a try soon.

Regina

The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be confidential, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this email and join us in saving paper.