Обсуждение: version of pg_dump in pgAdmin III v1.8.4

version of pg_dump in pgAdmin III v1.8.4

От
Erik Mifsud
Дата:
win32release of pgAdmin III v1.8.4 ?<br /> version included is  8.3.0 - this results in a error message when dumping
ARIAL,SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px" />Stay informed, get connected and more <a
href="http://mobile.aol.com/productOverview.jsp?productOverview=aol-mobile-overview&?&ncid=aolmbd00030000000139"
target="_blank"
title="http://mobile.aol.com/productOverview.jsp?productOverview=aol-mobile-overview&?&ncid=aolmbd00030000000139">with

Re: version of pg_dump in pgAdmin III v1.8.4

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Erik Mifsud <emifsud@netscape.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a reason for not including the latest pg_dump in win32 release of
> pgAdmin III v1.8.4 ?
> version included is  8.3.0 - this results in a error message when dumping
> from a PostgreSQL server version 8.3.1 via pgAdmin backup tool.

Oversight mainly. It's not something that's on the release checklist
because for a large percentage of people the latest version is not
necessarily what they want anyway - it's only really provided as a
convenience. In fact, it would have been out of date today if things
had gone to plan and 8.3.2 was released. As it is, on Thursday you'll
have 8.3.3 so it will be out of date then.

--
Dave Page

pgAdminIII / pg_dump version mismatch

От
agnul
Дата:
Hi,

I'm running a postgres 8.3.3 server on a linux machine in the closet
and pgAdminIII 1.8.4 on the XP workstation on my desktop. Whenever I
try to do a backup using pgAdminIII I get an error message about
pg_dump being version 8.3.0, and therefore incompatible with my
server. Oddly enough restores work fine.

How do I fix this? Should I install the whole psql server on the XP
box and tell pgAdmin to look for binaries there or is there another
way? A list of the files I need to borrow from the server installation
and replace inside pgAdmin's folder maybe?

Thanks in advance,
Angelo.