Обсуждение: Adding users and groups/roles without SQL?

Adding users and groups/roles without SQL?

От
"Jaroslav Záruba"
Дата:
query-command,also I would probably find the proper command for roles quickly... But I am quite confused by the fact
thatthe "Groups" and "Users" items (in the server-subtree) don't provide "New group" or "New user" option in their
contextmenus. Is it possible to create these kind of objects without writing a query?<br /><br />I have pgAdmin 1.8.2
andI am connected to the server as a superuser.<br />Could this be dependant on what version of Postgres is on the
tofind the answer in the archive; mostly I find threads related to sql-commands like "CREATE ROLE" etc.)<br />

Re: Adding users and groups/roles without SQL?

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 17/05/2008 14:40, Jaroslav Záruba wrote:

> find the proper command for roles quickly... But I am quite confused by
> the fact that the "Groups" and "Users" items (in the server-subtree)
> don't provide "New group" or "New user" option in their context menus.

It does for me....right-click on "Login Roles" and you get a menu item
"New Login Role..." as expected. I'm using 1.8.2.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie