Обсуждение: win32 psql syntax error running any .sql created by the query editor

win32 psql syntax error running any .sql created by the query editor

От
Kev
Дата:
Hi,

This is reproducible every time on my Windows 2003 Server box running
pgAdmin3 1.8.2 and pgsql 8.3.

1. Open the query editor.
2. Type any valid query.
3. Save.
4. In a DOS box, run psql -f on the file you just saved.

I get the following error:

psql:path/to/test.sql:71: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "п»ї"
LINE 1: п»їselect * from cust

If I open the file in TextPad, it says it's of UNIX type.  If I then
save it again using TextPad and run it, it runs fine without errors.

This also happens even if I go Edit->Line Ends-> and choose either DOS
or UNIX in the query editor and then save again.

I could be wrong, but this sounds like a bug.  Thoughts or
suggestions?

Thanks,
Kev

Re: win32 psql syntax error running any .sql created by the query editor

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 07/04/2008 21:34, Kev wrote:

> If I open the file in TextPad, it says it's of UNIX type.  If I then
> save it again using TextPad and run it, it runs fine without errors.
>
> This also happens even if I go Edit->Line Ends-> and choose either DOS
> or UNIX in the query editor and then save again.

This may or may not be related, but there's a funny I see from time to
time using PgAdmin 1.8 on Windows XP. Sometimes, when I open a file in
the query editor, it reports that the lines have mixed endings, and
they'll be corrected on the next save - and this is even though the file
was created from the query editor in the first place, and had never been
opened by anything else.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie