Обсуждение: pgAdmin III 1.8.0

pgAdmin III 1.8.0

От
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
Дата:
thetable is displayed in the Object Browser table list (upper right window).  This makes multiline comments difficult

Re: pgAdmin III 1.8.0

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Hi Mike!

On Oct 29, 5:30 pm, Mike.Blackw...@rrd.com wrote:
> A small annoyance:  Newlines in table field comments appear to be stripped
> when the table is displayed in the Object Browser table list (upper right
> window).  This makes multiline comments difficult to read.  It'd be nice
> if the newline were replaced with a space instead.
>
> No rush on my part - just a wish list item.  ^_^

Helpful bug reports are always welcome!
Please try to include essential information, though
- version of pgAdmin you are using
- your operating system
You can find more information here: http://pgadmin.org/support/list.php

I can confirm your report for pgAdmin 1.8 on Win XP with pg 8.2 on
debian etch.
With the "Columns" collection selected, the full comment for each
column is displayed in the properties pan, newlines just stripped. I
suppose we either truncate after the first newline and append dots,
like we do in other places, or convert newlines to spaces like Mike
suggested.

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgAdmin III 1.8.0

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi Mike!
>
> On Oct 29, 5:30 pm, Mike.Blackw...@rrd.com wrote:
>> A small annoyance:  Newlines in table field comments appear to be stripped
>> when the table is displayed in the Object Browser table list (upper right
>> window).  This makes multiline comments difficult to read.  It'd be nice
>> if the newline were replaced with a space instead.
>>
>> No rush on my part - just a wish list item.  ^_^
>
> Helpful bug reports are always welcome!
> Please try to include essential information, though
> - version of pgAdmin you are using
> - your operating system
> You can find more information here: http://pgadmin.org/support/list.php
>
> I can confirm your report for pgAdmin 1.8 on Win XP with pg 8.2 on
> debian etch.
> With the "Columns" collection selected, the full comment for each
> column is displayed in the properties pan, newlines just stripped. I
> suppose we either truncate after the first newline and append dots,
> like we do in other places, or convert newlines to spaces like Mike
> suggested.

Yeah, we use a function called firstLineOnly() to get the first line
with dots if required. That's the most appropriate solution which I've
applied for 1.8.1.

Thanks, Dave