Обсуждение: bug in query tool when parsing

bug in query tool when parsing

От
Rikard Pavelic
Дата:
Hi!

I'm experiencing another bug in PgAdmin.

I'm trying to give some sql commands to PgAdmin
but they are not pasted into Query window.

I did a pg_dump of my database and
pg_largeobject created a series of SELECT lowrite commands.

Unfortunately some of this commands are shown like
SELECT lowrite(0, );
instead of
SELECT lowrite(0, 'some random content');

Regards,
Rikard

Re: bug in query tool when parsing

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Rikard Pavelic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm experiencing another bug in PgAdmin.
>
> I'm trying to give some sql commands to PgAdmin
> but they are not pasted into Query window.
>
> I did a pg_dump of my database and
> pg_largeobject created a series of SELECT lowrite commands.
>
> Unfortunately some of this commands are shown like
> SELECT lowrite(0, );
> instead of
> SELECT lowrite(0, 'some random content');

I assume you are copying and pasting the text from another editor? If
so, it might be either that or pgAdmin mucking up the encoding. Can you
see the text if you open the file instead of pasting the text in?

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
> Rikard Pavelic wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm experiencing another bug in PgAdmin.
>>
>> I'm trying to give some sql commands to PgAdmin
>> but they are not pasted into Query window.
>>
>> I did a pg_dump of my database and
>> pg_largeobject created a series of SELECT lowrite commands.
>>
>> Unfortunately some of this commands are shown like
>> SELECT lowrite(0, );
>> instead of
>> SELECT lowrite(0, 'some random content');
>>

> I assume you are copying and pasting the text from another editor? If
> so, it might be either that or pgAdmin mucking up the encoding. Can you
> see the text if you open the file instead of pasting the text in?
>
> Regards, Dave.

The results are the same.
It doesn't matter if I paste it or open a file from PgAdmin.

Regards,
Rikard

Re: bug in query tool when parsing

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Rikard Pavelic wrote:
> The results are the same.
> It doesn't matter if I paste it or open a file from PgAdmin.

Please send a sample file for testing.

Regards Dave

Re: bug in query tool when parsing

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Rikard Pavelic wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Please send a sample file for testing.
>>
>> Regards Dave
>>

> Here it is.

Thanks.

It seems that the Styled Text Control simply can't handle lines that
long. On Windows the text is there (and will be sent to the server is
executed) but is not rendered correctly. On Mac, the application just
grinds to a halt.

Realistically I think this falls into the "Don't do that" category. If I
log this upstream, if I get a response at all (it seems like no-one
fully maintains wxSTC these days) I'll bet they'll just say its not
designed for that sort of text.

I'll log it anyway though...

Regards, Dave.