Обсуждение: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
I'm pleased to announce the release of the third beta version of
pgAdmin III v1.8.0.

pgAdmin is the leading graphical administration and development tool for
PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB and most other PostgreSQL-derived DBMSs. It can
be used on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac and Solaris with servers on any
platform. For more information, please see the website:
http://www.pgadmin.org/

For details of the changes since v1.6, please see the changelog at:
http://www.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php

*** NOTE:

This version now supports pl/pgsql debugging on community PostgreSQL. To
enable this feature, you need PostgreSQL 8.2 or above, and the debugger
plugin from the CVS at
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/edb-debugger/server/. This
needs to be compiled under a PostgreSQL source tree, per the
instructions in the readme. Unfortunately, pgxs cannot be used.

To download the beta, please visit the download page at
http://www.pgadmin.org/download/. In addition to the source code, binary
downloads are currently available for Windows, Mac OS X, Fedora 7 and
Slackware Linux.

This is a pre-release version and should be used at your own risk!
Please report any bugs or problems to pgadmin-support@postgresql.org.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin Project Lead

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Cousin Marc
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I just installed pgadmin3 and I'm having a problem : as soon as I right click
(on anything), I've got

ASSERT INFO:
./src/gtk/menu.cpp(984): assert "IsCheckable()" failed in IsChecked(): can't
get state of uncheckable item!

BACKTRACE:
[1] g_closure_invoke()
[2] g_signal_emit_valist()
[3] g_signal_emit()
[4] gtk_propagate_event()
[5] gtk_main_do_event()
[6] g_main_context_dispatch()
[7] g_main_loop_run()
[8] gtk_main()

I'm on debian unstable, using a hand built pgadmin3 debian package.
I used wxwidgets 1.8.4, and built the whole thing by modifying the debian
rules and changelog files by hand to build the whole thing.
Is the problem coming from my installation ?

Le Monday 13 August 2007 10:08:55 Dave Page, vous avez écrit :
> I'm pleased to announce the release of the third beta version of
> pgAdmin III v1.8.0.
>
> pgAdmin is the leading graphical administration and development tool for
> PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB and most other PostgreSQL-derived DBMSs. It can
> be used on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac and Solaris with servers on any
> platform. For more information, please see the website:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/
>
> For details of the changes since v1.6, please see the changelog at:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php
>
> *** NOTE:
>
> This version now supports pl/pgsql debugging on community PostgreSQL. To
> enable this feature, you need PostgreSQL 8.2 or above, and the debugger
> plugin from the CVS at
> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/edb-debugger/server/. This
> needs to be compiled under a PostgreSQL source tree, per the
> instructions in the readme. Unfortunately, pgxs cannot be used.
>
> To download the beta, please visit the download page at
> http://www.pgadmin.org/download/. In addition to the source code, binary
> downloads are currently available for Windows, Mac OS X, Fedora 7 and
> Slackware Linux.
>
> This is a pre-release version and should be used at your own risk!
> Please report any bugs or problems to pgadmin-support@postgresql.org.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
"Milen A. Radev"
Дата:
Cousin Marc написа:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I just installed pgadmin3 and I'm having a problem : as soon as I right click
> (on anything), I've got
>
> ASSERT INFO:
> ./src/gtk/menu.cpp(984): assert "IsCheckable()" failed in IsChecked(): can't
> get state of uncheckable item!
>
> BACKTRACE:
> [1] g_closure_invoke()
> [2] g_signal_emit_valist()
> [3] g_signal_emit()
> [4] gtk_propagate_event()
> [5] gtk_main_do_event()
> [6] g_main_context_dispatch()
> [7] g_main_loop_run()
> [8] gtk_main()
>

> I'm on debian unstable, using a hand built pgadmin3 debian package.
> I used wxwidgets 1.8.4, and built the whole thing by modifying the debian
> rules and changelog files by hand to build the whole thing.
> Is the problem coming from my installation ?
[...]

Have you read the requirements here -
http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php? As you could see the
required version of wxWidgets is "2.8.x (for pgAdmin 1.6.2 and above)".

--
Milen A. Radev

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Cousin Marc wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I just installed pgadmin3 and I'm having a problem : as soon as I right click
> (on anything), I've got
>
> ASSERT INFO:
> ./src/gtk/menu.cpp(984): assert "IsCheckable()" failed in IsChecked(): can't
> get state of uncheckable item!
>
> BACKTRACE:
> [1] g_closure_invoke()
> [2] g_signal_emit_valist()
> [3] g_signal_emit()
> [4] gtk_propagate_event()
> [5] gtk_main_do_event()
> [6] g_main_context_dispatch()
> [7] g_main_loop_run()
> [8] gtk_main()
>

> I'm on debian unstable, using a hand built pgadmin3 debian package.
> I used wxwidgets 1.8.4, and built the whole thing by modifying the debian
> rules and changelog files by hand to build the whole thing.
> Is the problem coming from my installation ?

I assume you mean wxWidgets *2*.8.4?

I don't know anything about the debian rules or changelog files - what
configure command line do they eventually execute?

Regards, Dave

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 13/08/2007 09:08, Dave Page wrote:

> This version now supports pl/pgsql debugging on community PostgreSQL. To
> enable this feature, you need PostgreSQL 8.2 or above, and the debugger
> plugin from the CVS at
> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/edb-debugger/server/. This
> needs to be compiled under a PostgreSQL source tree, per the
> instructions in the readme. Unfortunately, pgxs cannot be used.

Hi Dave,

Just wondering - is the plugin likely to be included in the Windows
installer version of PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 13/08/2007 09:08, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> This version now supports pl/pgsql debugging on community PostgreSQL. To
>> enable this feature, you need PostgreSQL 8.2 or above, and the debugger
>> plugin from the CVS at
>> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/edb-debugger/server/. This
>> needs to be compiled under a PostgreSQL source tree, per the
>> instructions in the readme. Unfortunately, pgxs cannot be used.
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Just wondering - is the plugin likely to be included in the Windows
> installer version of PostgreSQL?

Hi Ray,

[Shameless plug alert!!]

Yes, I intend to include it there. It's also already in EnterpriseDB
Postgres 8.2 for Windows - http://postgres.enterprisedb.com/download.do
and should be in the next builds for Linux.

Regards, Dave
(who works for EnterpriseDB in case anyone didn't realise!)

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 13/08/2007 16:58, Dave Page wrote:

> Yes, I intend to include it there. It's also already in EnterpriseDB
> Postgres 8.2 for Windows - http://postgres.enterprisedb.com/download.do
> and should be in the next builds for Linux.

That's great! All we need now are keyboard shortcuts to comment-out
selected text automatically, and I'll be the proverbial pig in
doo-doo.... yes, I know about executing selected chucks of a query, but
the other would be nice too..... :-)

Thanks for all the hard work,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
"Dave Page"

I wish you'd mentioned that before feature freeze (or reminded me if you did and I just forgot)!!

/D

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Cousin Marc
Дата:
Le Monday 13 August 2007 16:50:08 Dave Page, vous avez écrit :
> Cousin Marc wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I just installed pgadmin3 and I'm having a problem : as soon as I right
> > click (on anything), I've got
> >
> > ASSERT INFO:
> > ./src/gtk/menu.cpp(984): assert "IsCheckable()" failed in IsChecked():
> > can't get state of uncheckable item!
> >
> > BACKTRACE:
> > [1] g_closure_invoke()
> > [2] g_signal_emit_valist()
> > [3] g_signal_emit()
> > [4] gtk_propagate_event()
> > [5] gtk_main_do_event()
> > [6] g_main_context_dispatch()
> > [7] g_main_loop_run()
> > [8] gtk_main()
> >

> > I'm on debian unstable, using a hand built pgadmin3 debian package.
> > I used wxwidgets 1.8.4, and built the whole thing by modifying the debian
> > rules and changelog files by hand to build the whole thing.
> > Is the problem coming from my installation ?
>
> I assume you mean wxWidgets *2*.8.4?
>
> I don't know anything about the debian rules or changelog files - what
> configure command line do they eventually execute?
>
> Regards, Dave

Yes I mean 2.8.4, sorry :) And sorry for the delay too ...

I'm using the provided debian rules file (in pkg subdirectory of pgadmin3), slightly modified to use wxwidget 2.8.4

wxwidget 2.8.4 is built this way :

./configure --build=i486-linux-gnu \
--prefix=/usr/src/pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta3/wxWidgets-2.8.4/wxWidgets-2.8.4/localinst \
--mandir=\${prefix}/share/man \
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info \
--with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode \
--enable-debug \
--disable-shared

Then pgadmin3 is built like this :

CFLAGS="-Wall -g -O2" ./configure --host=i486-linux-gnu \               --build=i486-linux-gnu \
--prefix=/usr\               --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man \               --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info \
  --disable-dependency-tracking \
--with-wx=/usr/src/pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta3/wxWidgets-2.8.4/wxWidgets-2.8.4/localinst\
--with-wx-config=wx-config\               --with-pgsql-include="/usr/include/postgresql -I./include" \
--enable-gtk2\               --enable-unicode \               --enable-debug --enable-static --with-libxml2=/usr
--with-libxslt=/usr

Thanks for your help

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 13/08/2007 20:21, Dave Page wrote:

> I wish you'd mentioned that before feature freeze (or reminded me if
> you did and I just forgot)!!

No, I hadn't mentioned it before, I only just thought of it then. While
it'd be nice to have, there's no rush on it.... and I certainly don't
mean to increase your workload! :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, August 14, 2007 3:05 pm, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 13/08/2007 20:21, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> I wish you'd mentioned that before feature freeze (or reminded me if
>> you did and I just forgot)!!
>
> No, I hadn't mentioned it before, I only just thought of it then. While
> it'd be nice to have, there's no rush on it.... and I certainly don't
> mean to increase your workload! :-)

Nah, it just seems like a cool feature, in line with a bunch of the other
changes I made this cycle!!

/D

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/08/2007 17:15, Dave Page wrote:

> Nah, it just seems like a cool feature, in line with a bunch of the other
> changes I made this cycle!!

Yeah, it's handy alright....I came across it first in a nice little
freebie text editor I use a lot (www.crimsoneditor.com), where ctrl-m
comments and indents the currently-selected text.

Maybe in pgAdmin 1.10...? :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, August 14, 2007 5:31 pm, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 14/08/2007 17:15, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Nah, it just seems like a cool feature, in line with a bunch of the
>> other
>> changes I made this cycle!!
>
> Yeah, it's handy alright....I came across it first in a nice little
> freebie text editor I use a lot (www.crimsoneditor.com), where ctrl-m
> comments and indents the currently-selected text.
>
> Maybe in pgAdmin 1.10...? :-)

Make sure I don't forget!! :-)

/D

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
"Stephen Denne"
Дата:
> On Tue, August 14, 2007 5:31 pm, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> > Yeah, it's handy alright....I came across it first in a nice little
> > freebie text editor I use a lot (www.crimsoneditor.com), where ctrl-m
> > comments and indents the currently-selected text.

I like the shortcut eclipse uses for toggling comments in java, and the reason I like it is that it uses the key you'd
hitto start a comment.
So how about Ctrl+hyphen for toggling comments in SQL, to add or remove -- from the start of each selected line?
(I've written this without knowing whether that is already bound to anything.)

Regards,
Stephen.

Disclaimer:
At the Datamail Group we value team commitment, respect, achievement, customer focus, and courage. This email with any
attachmentsis confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please advise by reply
immediately,destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way.

__________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the DMZGlobal
BusinessQuality              Electronic Messaging Suite.
Please see http://www.dmzglobal.com/services/bqem.htm for details.

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Stephen Denne wrote:
>> On Tue, August 14, 2007 5:31 pm, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>>> Yeah, it's handy alright....I came across it first in a nice little
>>> freebie text editor I use a lot (www.crimsoneditor.com), where ctrl-m
>>> comments and indents the currently-selected text.
>
> I like the shortcut eclipse uses for toggling comments in java, and the reason I like it is that it uses the key
you'dhit to start a comment.

> So how about Ctrl+hyphen for toggling comments in SQL, to add or remove -- from the start of each selected line?
> (I've written this without knowing whether that is already bound to anything.)

Sounds like a good idea - I've added it to the list.

Thanks, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 3 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
OK, thanks - this looks similar to a report from Pavel Stehule - I'll
look at them both when I'm back in the office; hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks, Dave