Обсуждение: Crash on saving

Crash on saving

От
"Christian Lins"
Дата:
Readeran paste it into the pgAdmin SQL-Window and then hit the Save-Button the whole program crashes with a seg-fault.
mightbe a problem with the encoding charset, because if you send a query to the database which includes a pasted text
partwhich was copied from Acrobat the database rejects the query with a strange "syntax error" showing Unicode-letters

Re: Crash on saving

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Christian Lins wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I think I discovered a bug in pgAdminIII 1.6.3 (win-binary).
> If you copy a text in Acrobat Reader an paste it into the pgAdmin
> SQL-Window and then hit the Save-Button the whole program crashes with a
> seg-fault.
> Additionally and more severe the file you wanted to save to is corrupted
> (0 byte size).
>
> I think this might be a problem with the encoding charset, because if
> you send a query to the database which includes a pasted text part which
> was copied from Acrobat the database rejects the query with a strange
> "syntax error" showing Unicode-letters as ASCII-letters.

I cannot reproduce this in SVN trunk - can anyone else?

Chris; does it happen with any PDF, or only specific ones? Do you have
an example you can send me?

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Crash on saving

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Christian Lins wrote:
> Hello!
> I tried another PDF without problems, but I attached that "special"
> PDF-Document that caused the crash (try the coords on the second page =>
> b.) Don't worry about the German text;)).
> As far as I know this PDF was created from LateX.

Thanks for that. The pasted text contains invalid unicode characters
which neither PostgreSQL, or wxWidgets' conversion functions could
handle. There's not much I can do to fix the data, but I have added a
test to wxUtfFile::Write (actually a pgAdmin function, not sure why it
has a wx prefix!) to throw an error if the data cannot be converted,
rather than to just crash.

Regards, Dave