Обсуждение: Problem editing table data...

Problem editing table data...

От
"Keith C. Perry"
Дата:
Greetings,

I apologized if I've missed a discussion on this but there seems to be a problem
inserting and editing table data when there is no oid column present.  I'm using
pgadmin 1.2.2 (slackware 10.1) and pg 8.0.3.  Has anyone else reported this? If
not, does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

____________________________________
This email account is being host by:
VCSN, Inc : http://vcsn.com

Re: Problem editing table data...

От
"Dave Page"

You need either a primary key or an oid column if you want to edit data.
Without, pgAdmin can't properly identify rows.

Regards, Dave

Re: Problem editing table data...

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

This is number one on the FAQ...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Problem editing table data...

От
"Keith C. Perry"
Дата:
Ahhh, after all this time using pgadmin, this was the first time I've created
tables from scratch *and* for some reason, I didn't define the pkey (duh).
Least I know whats going on now.  Thanks.