Обсуждение: refreshing object tree

refreshing object tree

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
hi!

using pgadmin III 1.2.0 post-beta2, oct 16 2004 snapshot on win2k, sp4.
database is pgsql 8.0 beta1 running on the same machine.
i experienced the described behaviour in some earlier snapshots also.

i noticed this: in the object tree i have 19 sequences listed and 20
tables. after deleting a table i still have those 19 sequences while the
tables drop down to 19.
if i click on the "sequences" they get listed in the upper right pane.
the deleted sequence is also shown and upon clicking on it i receive
this error once or twice:
ERROR: relation "analysis_checkbox_test_analysis_checkbox_test_id_seq"
does not exist

and then pgadmin shows this in the sql query window:

-- Sequence: analysis_checkbox_test_analysis_checkbox_test_id_seq

-- DROP SEQUENCE analysis_checkbox_test_analysis_checkbox_test_id_seq;

CREATE SEQUENCE analysis_checkbox_test_analysis_checkbox_test_id_seq  INCREMENT 0  MINVALUE 0  MAXVALUE 0  START 0
CACHE0;

ALTER TABLE analysis_checkbox_test_analysis_checkbox_test_id_seq OWNER
TO delo;

can pgadmin refresh at least some parts of the object tree if refreshing  everything is not a good thing/idea (slow
connections,a lot of data,

etc.)?
perhaps if it could also detect what would be affected after deleting an
object and refresh the respective objects?

thank you for your answers :)
--
regards,

Re: refreshing object tree

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> using pgadmin III 1.2.0 post-beta2, oct 16 2004 snapshot on win2k, sp4.
> database is pgsql 8.0 beta1 running on the same machine.
> i experienced the described behaviour in some earlier snapshots also.

I noticed too, and fixed that yesterday. New snapshot will be uploaded
tonight. Please check if all issues have been solved now, thanks for
reporting.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: refreshing object tree

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
hi!

Andreas Pflug wrote:
>> using pgadmin III 1.2.0 post-beta2, oct 16 2004 snapshot on win2k,
>> sp4. database is pgsql 8.0 beta1 running on the same machine.
>> i experienced the described behaviour in some earlier snapshots also.
>

> I noticed too, and fixed that yesterday. New snapshot will be uploaded
> tonight. Please check if all issues have been solved now, thanks for
> reporting.

i'm sorry i couldn't check this sooner as the company i work in has
changed locations and we were moving all our stuff...

i tested with the new snapshot (oct 22 2004, 1.2.0 post-beta3) and the
object tree still does not refresh after deleting a table. sequences
stay unchanged until a manual refresh.

regards,
Miha

Re: refreshing object tree

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>>> using pgadmin III 1.2.0 post-beta2, oct 16 2004 snapshot on win2k,
>>> sp4. database is pgsql 8.0 beta1 running on the same machine.
>>> i experienced the described behaviour in some earlier snapshots also.
>>

>> I noticed too, and fixed that yesterday. New snapshot will be uploaded
>> tonight. Please check if all issues have been solved now, thanks for
>> reporting.
>

> i'm sorry i couldn't check this sooner as the company i work in has
> changed locations and we were moving all our stuff...
>
> i tested with the new snapshot (oct 22 2004, 1.2.0 post-beta3) and the
> object tree still does not refresh after deleting a table. sequences
> stay unchanged until a manual refresh.

Please describe *exactly* what and how you do the delete: which object
selected, menu/context menu/keyboard command etc.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: refreshing object tree

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
hi!

Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Please describe *exactly* what and how you do the delete: which object
> selected, menu/context menu/keyboard command etc.

of course. this is the procedure:
in the object tree i browse to the table listing. table count (in
brackets) is 21, sequence count shows 20. click on the + sign to get the
list of tables and delete a table by selecting it and clicking the
"remove selected object" button / pressing delete key / via the "Edit"
menu. in all 3 cases the table gets deleted, table count decreases to 20
but sequence count remains at 20 also.
if it is of any help i can also provide pictures of what i do or
anything else if needed.

regards,
Miha

Re: refreshing object tree

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Please describe *exactly* what and how you do the delete: which object
>> selected, menu/context menu/keyboard command etc.
>

> of course. this is the procedure:
> in the object tree i browse to the table listing. table count (in
> brackets) is 21, sequence count shows 20. click on the + sign to get the
> list of tables and delete a table by selecting it and clicking the
> "remove selected object" button / pressing delete key / via the "Edit"
> menu. in all 3 cases the table gets deleted, table count decreases to 20
> but sequence count remains at 20 also.
> if it is of any help i can also provide pictures of what i do or
> anything else if needed.

Ok seems I previously misunderstood your point. You're complaining about
the sequences display not updated when dropping a table with a serial
column. This is less than trivial, we'd have to follow all dependencies.
Apparently, dependency information display for columns isn't performed
correctly at the moment. Even after correction, you'll have to refresh
the Sequences node to update the information.

Regards,
Andreas

translation bug/problem

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
hi!

i've noticed that a certain string is written in english even though it
is translated in many languages. the "offending" string that was written
in english, regardless of the language i had set in the options dialogue, is
"Disable $$ quoting"
i have translated this string but still get the english version
displayed. i'm guessing this is perhaps due to the dollar sign(s) in the
string? there aren't any other strings which contain the dollar sign so
i couldn't check if this is the case or if there are other such occurances.
the untranslated string displays in the export dialogue.
i am using a pgAdminIII snapshot dated oct 22 2004, version 1.2.0
post-beta 3.

regards,
Miha

Re: translation bug/problem

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> i've noticed that a certain string is written in english even though it
> is translated in many languages. the "offending" string that was written
> in english, regardless of the language i had set in the options
> dialogue, is
> "Disable $$ quoting"

Seems $$ is replaced by $ before translation, so all languages have the
problem. Fixed programmatically and committed, thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Andreas