Обсуждение: no mirrors availeble

no mirrors availeble

От
gerard
Дата:
Unfortunately I could not download because the mirrors are not found.

bye Gerard Bekking

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi,

Apologies for that - I have emailled the sysadmin who looks after the DNS (which appears to be at fault).

In the meantime, you should be able to download from http://developer.postgresql.org/ftpsite/pgadmin3/

Regards, Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of gerard
Sent: Sun 10/3/2004 3:38 AM
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] no mirrors availeble
Unfortunately I could not download because the mirrors are not found.

bye Gerard Bekking

TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate     subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your     message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies for that - I have emailled the sysadmin who looks after the
> DNS (which appears to be at fault).

I can't see/find any problems on this end:

neptune# nslookup ftp.nl.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca
Server:  ns.uunet.ca
Address:  142.77.1.1

Name:    ftp.nl.postgresql.org
Address:  194.109.6.22

----

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Neither do I now. Did the zone build script run again in the meantime and get it right this time?

/D

> Apologies for that - I have emailled the sysadmin who looks after the
> DNS (which appears to be at fault).

I can't see/find any problems on this end:

neptune# nslookup ftp.nl.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca
Server:  ns.uunet.ca
Address:  142.77.1.1

Name:    ftp.nl.postgresql.org
Address:  194.109.6.22

----

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Neither do I now. Did the zone build script run again in the meantime
> and get it right this time?

maybe ... still doesn't explain why he can't reach the site though :(

> /D

----

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
just changed the rebuild script to happen every 6 hours vs 24 ... if that
is the reason for the below, this should help at least reduce the length
of time til its fixed ...

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Neither do I now. Did the zone build script run again in the meantime and get it right this time?
>
> /D

Did you ever add the database connection check that I suggested once?

chksvr()
{
# Dummy query to check the server status
status=`/usr/local/bin/psql -h $1 -p $2 -U $4 -d $3 -A -t -F '' -c
"SELECT 'SERVER_UP'"`

if [ "$status" != "SERVER_UP" ]; then
mail -s "WARNING: Server $1:$2 is down!!" webmaster@postgresql.org <
/tmp/svr-status
rm /tmp/svr-status
exit 1
fi
}

Regards, Dave.

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
slightly modified code added:
  status=`/usr/local/bin/psql -h pgsql74.hub.org -U 186_pgsql -d 186_portal -A -t -F '' -c "SELECT 'SERVER_UP'"`
  if [ "$status" != "SERVER_UP" ]; then    echo "DNS not regenerated" | mail -s "WARNING: Server $1:$2 is down!!"
webmaster@postgresql.org   exit 1  fi

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

----

Re: no mirrors availeble

От
"Dave Page"

:-) That should prevent the zonefile getting stomped again then...

/D