Обсуждение: interrupting a SQL query

interrupting a SQL query

От
"Jander"
Дата:
Hi.

I have an application in Kylix 2. In this application there is some reports.
I need to allow the user interrupt the process SQL query.

Example: The user press key "F6" to start de process SQL query. Now, he
               needs to interrupt the process because it is slowly.

               How Can i do this?

               Please, help me.

               Thanks.

Jander Rebelo Luiz
Analista de Sistemas
tecSOFT - Tecnologia em Sistemas
jander@tecsoft.com.br
Fone - (48) 3025.2861

Re: interrupting a SQL query

От
Andreas Pflug
Jander wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have an application in Kylix 2. In this application there is some
> reports.
> I need to allow the user interrupt the process SQL query.
>
> Example: The user press key "F6" to start de process SQL query. Now, he
>                needs to interrupt the process because it is slowly.

You're on the wrong list; this is for pgadmin3 only.
In fact, this question isn't pgsql specific at all, it applies to all db
access.

You can analyze pgadmin3 to learn how to do that, in short: execute the
query in a thread, which can be cancelled.

Regards,
Andreas