Обсуждение: window scrolling with pgAdmin III

window scrolling with pgAdmin III

От
"Donald Fraser"
Дата:
pgAdmin III July 16th Build

Probably something to do with wxWindows but thought I'd mention it anyway.
Minor annoyance with horizontal scrolling in SQL window or reverse engineer window.
If I have some very long line the horizontal scroll bar doesn't reflect the true width of the window. I have to press the incremental left or right button to scroll to areas that cannot be seen.
To get around this problem I put the cursor on the line that cannot be displayed fully and then press the "End" button. The view is taken to the end of line and now the scroll bar adjusts to the true width and from that point onwards I can scroll using the scroll bar.

Regards
Donald Fraser.

Re: window scrolling with pgAdmin III

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Donald Fraser wrote:

> pgAdmin III July 16th Build
>
> Probably something to do with wxWindows but thought I'd mention it anyway.
> Minor annoyance with horizontal scrolling in SQL window or reverse
> engineer window.
> If I have some very long line the horizontal scroll bar doesn't
> reflect the true width of the window. I have to press the incremental
> left or right button to scroll to areas that cannot be seen.
> To get around this problem I put the cursor on the line that cannot be
> displayed fully and then press the "End" button. The view is taken
> to the end of line and now the scroll bar adjusts to the true width
> and from that point onwards I can scroll using the scroll bar.

Hi Donald,

this hasn't been observed so far, and as you already supposed would be a
wxWindows problem (we'll try to locate and fix anyway). Do you take a
binary build? Which OS? How long is that line you have problems with?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: window scrolling with pgAdmin III

От
"Donald Fraser"
> > Probably something to do with wxWindows but thought I'd mention it anyway.
> > Minor annoyance with horizontal scrolling in SQL window or reverse
> > engineer window.
> > If I have some very long line the horizontal scroll bar doesn't
> > reflect the true width of the window. I have to press the incremental
> > left or right button to scroll to areas that cannot be seen.
> > To get around this problem I put the cursor on the line that cannot be
> > displayed fully and then press the "End" button. The view is taken
> > to the end of line and now the scroll bar adjusts to the true width
> > and from that point onwards I can scroll using the scroll bar.
> >

> Hi Donald,
>
> this hasn't been observed so far, and as you already supposed would be a
> wxWindows problem (we'll try to locate and fix anyway). Do you take a
> binary build? Which OS? How long is that line you have problems with?

I don't use binary builds (I assume you mean via CVS).
OS: W2K SP4.
The line is longer than what can fit on a 1024 width screen using the default
font.
Example: (but this will probably wrap due to ASCII mail support)
INSERT INTO tbl_cmpyaudit (id_cmpy, id_auditby, dt_audit, id_cmpytyp,
id_cmpycat, id_country, s_umbname, s_name, s_address, s_city, s_pcode, s_phone,
s_fax, s_email, s_web, d_deceased, s_subsact, id_editedby, dt_edited)
VALUES(OLD.id, get_userId(), dtaudit, OLD.id_cmpytyp, OLD.id_cmpycat,
OLD.id_country, OLD.s_umbname, OLD.s_name, OLD.s_address, OLD.s_city,
OLD.s_pcode, OLD.s_phone, OLD.s_fax, OLD.s_email, OLD.s_web, OLD.d_deceased,
OLD.s_subsact, OLD.id_editedby, OLD.dt_edited);

Regards
Donald Fraser.

Re: window scrolling with pgAdmin III

От
Andreas Pflug
>>>Probably something to do with wxWindows but thought I'd mention it anyway.
>>>Minor annoyance with horizontal scrolling in SQL window or reverse
>>>engineer window.
>>>If I have some very long line the horizontal scroll bar doesn't
>>>reflect the true width of the window. I have to press the incremental
>>>left or right button to scroll to areas that cannot be seen.
>>>To get around this problem I put the cursor on the line that cannot be
>>>displayed fully and then press the "End" button. The view is taken
>>>to the end of line and now the scroll bar adjusts to the true width
>>>and from that point onwards I can scroll using the scroll bar.
>>>

>>Hi Donald,
>>
>>this hasn't been observed so far, and as you already supposed would be a
>>wxWindows problem (we'll try to locate and fix anyway). Do you take a
>>binary build? Which OS? How long is that line you have problems with?
>>

>I don't use binary builds (I assume you mean via CVS).
>OS: W2K SP4.
>The line is longer than what can fit on a 1024 width screen using the default
>font.
>Example: (but this will probably wrap due to ASCII mail support)
>INSERT INTO tbl_cmpyaudit (id_cmpy, id_auditby, dt_audit, id_cmpytyp,
>id_cmpycat, id_country, s_umbname, s_name, s_address, s_city, s_pcode, s_phone,
>s_fax, s_email, s_web, d_deceased, s_subsact, id_editedby, dt_edited)
>VALUES(OLD.id, get_userId(), dtaudit, OLD.id_cmpytyp, OLD.id_cmpycat,
>OLD.id_country, OLD.s_umbname, OLD.s_name, OLD.s_address, OLD.s_city,
>OLD.s_pcode, OLD.s_phone, OLD.s_fax, OLD.s_email, OLD.s_web, OLD.d_deceased,
>OLD.s_subsact, OLD.id_editedby, OLD.dt_edited);

Yes,
I see this even on Linux; clearly a wx problem. Please don't expect this
to be fixed immediately, scrollbar handling is tricky.

Regards,
Andreas