Обсуждение: Module not found on connection

Module not found on connection

От
"pct"
Дата:
When I try to connect to my database I am getting the following
error from pgAdmin:

An error has occurred in pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click

Number=-2157024770

I am using postgresql 7.2.1 and pgAdmin II 1.2.0

The Full Debug log output for the connection is:
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Connecting to localhost...
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Entering pgAdmin II:basRegistry.RegRead(-2147483647,
"Software\pgAdmin II", "Master DB")
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Entering pgSchema:pgServer.Property Let
MasterDB("template1")
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Entering pgSchema:pgServer.Connect("localhost",
5432, "administrator", "********")
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Opening cnPostgreSQL:
SERVER=localhost;PORT=5432;UID=administrator;PWD=********;DATABASE=template1;DRIVER={PostgreSQL};READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=0;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=;FETCH=100;SOCKET=4096;UNKNOWNSIZES=0;MAXVARCHARSIZE=254;MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE=65536;OPTIMIZER=1;KSQO=1;USEDECLAREFETCH=0;TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;UNKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=1;BOOLSASCHAR=1;PARSE=0;CANCELASFREESTMT=0;EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES=dd_;COMMLOG=1;DEBUG=1;
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Done - 0.04 Secs.
8/2/2002 4:42:19 PM - Error in pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click:
-2147024770 - The specified module could not be found.

Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Regards,
Paul Conway

    A t l a s W e b m a i l . c o m

Re: Module not found on connection

От
"Dave Page"

What OS are you running on? Can you try (re)installing MDAC 2.6 or
higher?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Module not found on connection

От
"pct"
Дата:
I initally installed the new PostgresSQL ODBC drivers. I then
uninstalled the drivers and re-installeed 1.2.0. It still did
not work so I uninstalled 1.2.0 and installed 1.3.6. That didn't
help. So I'm back at 1.2.0 using the ODBC driver from the PGAdmin
install.

I've uncommented tcpip_socket = true and port=5432 in my postgresql.ini
and netstat shows the port listening.

I did manage to get DBTools to connect to my database via ODBC
but that tool is less than ideal.

Regards,
Paul Conway

:> When I try to connect to my database I am getting
:> the
:> following error from pgAdmin:
:>
:> An error has occurred in pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click
:>
:> Number=-2157024770
:>
:> I am using postgresql 7.2.1 and pgAdmin II 1.2.0
:
:
:What OS are you running on? Can you try (re)installing
:MDAC 2.6 or
:higher?
:
:
:Regards, Dave.
:
:
:---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
:TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
:
:

    A t l a s W e b m a i l . c o m

Re: Module not found on connection

От
"Dave Page"

Yes it is. The error you're getting appears to generally occur if a DLL
cannot be accessed. As it happens when you try to log on, we can fairly
safely assume that it is something to do with MDAC or the ODBC driver
(all the other bits of pgAdmin should either be loaded, or not installed
by then).

There are a number of things that can be checked:

1) Does C:\Windows\System32\psqlodbc.dll exist on your system? It should
be around 200kb iirc.

2) Can you try logging in whilst logged into XP as an Administrator?

3) Also, there used to be an MDAC checker at www.microsoft.com/data -
can you download that and check your system?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Module not found on connection

От
"pct"

:1) Does C:\Windows\System32\psqlodbc.dll exist on your
:system? It should
:be around 200kb iirc.

That file seems OK

:2) Can you try logging in whilst logged into XP as
:an Administrator?

Yes .. problam is the same

:3) Also, there used to be an MDAC checker at www.microsoft.com/data

OK, this shows MSDADC.dll as not being found in a program directory
(SAP business warehouse frontend). Probably the result of a brute
force installation process on their part.

I've edited the class-id's associated with this file in the registry
(after backing up the keys of course). The DAC check now runs
without errors but I now get 'Error in the DLL' in frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click
with PGAdmin. Funnily enough your connection debugging tool connects
OK(?). DBTools still connects too.

An ODBC trace shows the following:
pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    ENTER SQLAllocEnv
        HENV *              1F6CCDBC

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    EXIT  SQLAllocEnv  with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
        HENV *              0x1F6CCDBC ( 0x02601540)

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    ENTER SQLGetEnvAttr
        SQLHENV             02601540
        SQLINTEGER                 201 <unknown>
        SQLPOINTER          [Unknown attribute 201]
        SQLINTEGER                   4
        SQLINTEGER *        0x0012D110

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    EXIT  SQLGetEnvAttr  with return code
0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
        SQLHENV             02601540
        SQLINTEGER                 201 <unknown>
        SQLPOINTER          [Unknown attribute 201]
        SQLINTEGER                   4
        SQLINTEGER *        0x0012D110 (1390040)

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    ENTER SQLAllocEnv
        HENV *              1F6CCDC0

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    EXIT  SQLAllocEnv  with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
        HENV *              0x1F6CCDC0 ( 0x026015e8)

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    ENTER SQLSetEnvAttr
        SQLHENV             026015E8
        SQLINTEGER                 201 <unknown>
        SQLPOINTER          [Unknown attribute 201]
        SQLINTEGER                  -6

pgAdmin2        a2c-7f8    EXIT  SQLSetEnvAttr  with return code
0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
        SQLHENV             026015E8
        SQLINTEGER                 201 <unknown>
        SQLPOINTER          [Unknown attribute 201]
        SQLINTEGER                  -6
Regards,
Paul Conway

    A t l a s W e b m a i l . c o m

Re: Module not found on connection

От
"Dave Page"

Ugh. If you've got to the stage where you're editting classids then
something is definately screwy on your machine. Can you fix your MDAC
properly by re-running the XP setup from the install CD?

Regards, Dave.