Обсуждение: sunrise : plpgsql language error

sunrise : plpgsql language error

От
"Sunrise(Yangon)"
Дата:
  Using plpgsql language:

1.      We installed language ‘plpgsql’ using following command line in cygwin console in window 2000.

createlang -h localhost -p 5432 -U mna  plpgsql master

2.      Then, we create a function using plpgsql language

3.      When we execute that function, the following error is occurred.

 PgAdmin2 Errorè

“No response from the backend;

            Error while reading from the socket.”

     How should we solve this problem and what are the possible cause? Please kindly reply to us.

Thanks in advance,

Sunrise Company Ltd.

Stored Procedures Generator

От
"Samuele Brignoli"
Дата:
Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this basic things.

    Hi all, Samuele.

Re: Stored Procedures Generator

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 14 Mai 2002 09:43, Samuele Brignoli a écrit :
> Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures
> for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this
> basic things.

Presently, pAdmin2 is not an 'automatic' code generator. pgAdmin2 allows
adding, modifying and dropping triggers. Each trigger is linked to a
PostgreSQL server-side function and to a table. Functions can be written in
several languages : PLpgSQL, PLperl, PLpython, PLtk and soon PLjava...

This is one of several advanced PostgreSQL features. The only thing is that
your PostgreSQL server needs to be compiled with the required server-side
languages. In Linux, binaries are delivered with PLpgSQL built in and there
is an RPM for each other language.

To enable PLpgSQL server-side language :
postgres@localhost> createlang plpgsql database_name

Further information:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?programmer-pl.html

> Example of downloading PostgreSQL binaries
Redhat :
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/PByName.html
Mandrake :
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/PByName.html

Have fun,
Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Stored Procedures Generator

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 14 Mai 2002 09:43, Samuele Brignoli a écrit :
> Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures
> for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this
> basic things.

Presently, pAdmin2 is not an 'automatic' code generator. pgAdmin2 allows
adding, modifying and dropping triggers. Each trigger is linked to a
PostgreSQL server-side function and to a table. Functions can be written in
several languages : PLpgSQL, PLperl, PLpython, PLtk and soon PLjava...

This is one of several advanced PostgreSQL features. The only thing is that
your PostgreSQL server needs to be compiled with the required server-side
languages. In Linux, binaries are delivered with PLpgSQL built in and there
is an RPM for each other language.

To enable PLpgSQL server-side language :
postgres@localhost> createlang plpgsql database_name

Further information:
> PostgreSQL online doc :
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?programmer-pl.html

> Example of downloading PostgreSQL binaries
Redhat :
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/PByName.html
Mandrake :
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/PByName.html

Have fun,
Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Stored Procedures Generator

От
"Samuele Brignoli"
Дата:
Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this basic things.

    Hi all, Samuele.

Re: Stored Procedures Generator

От
"Steve Boyle (Roselink)"
Дата:
Hi Samuele,

I think I saw a routine to do this @ www.brasileiro.net/postgres/cookbook/ but it seems to be down at the moment.

steve

Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this basic things.

    Hi all, Samuele.

Re: Stored Procedures Generator

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 14 Mai 2002 09:43, Samuele Brignoli a écrit :
> Do you know if exists a tool that automagically generate stored procedures
> for an existing postgresql's table ? Maybe for insert, delete, update, this
> basic things.

Presently, pAdmin2 is not an 'automatic' code generator. pgAdmin2 allows
adding, modifying and dropping triggers. Each trigger is linked to a
PostgreSQL server-side function and to a table. Functions can be written in
several languages : PLpgSQL, PLperl, PLpython, PLtk and soon PLjava...

This is one of several advanced PostgreSQL features. The only thing is that
your PostgreSQL server needs to be compiled with the required server-side
languages. In Linux, binaries are delivered with PLpgSQL built in and there
is an RPM for each other language.

To enable PLpgSQL server-side language :
postgres@localhost> createlang plpgsql database_name

Further information:
> PostgreSQL online doc :
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?programmer-pl.html

> Example of downloading PostgreSQL binaries
Redhat :
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/PByName.html
Mandrake :
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/PByName.html