Обсуждение: table and column comment

table and column comment

От
"jack"
Дата:
Hi, Dave

I'm using pgadmin2 to develope an apllication on postgreSQL server. Would
you please advise if I want to use sql statements to retrieve or update
table and column comment, what can I do?
Thank you!

jack

Re: table and column comment

От
Dave Page

Hi Jack,

In pgAdmin, just view the properties for the table or column (right-click
the icon in the treeview, and select 'Properties') and edit the comment in
the dialogue box.

In your application, use the COMMENT ON sql command to set the comments, and
either retrieve the comments from the pg_description table directly, or in
PostgreSQL 7.2 I believe there are some functions to do it for you.

Regards, Dave

R: table and column comment

От
"Samuele Brignoli"
Дата:
Still here this question on date. This query cannot execute :

INSERT INTO "ahepatch" ("ptcodrel", "ptreleas", "ptnumpat", "ptdatins",
"ptdescri", "cpccchk") VALUES ('1.02-A0001     ', '1.2       ', '1',
'2001-12-04 00.00.00', 'Aggiornamento EURO-KIT                            ',
'kfdujcqkgp')

when i run migration wizard from a sql server db to a postgresql one. I
obtain the follow error :

I'm using pgadmin2 to develope an apllication on postgreSQL server. Would
you please advise if I want to use sql statements to retrieve or update
table and column comment, what can I do?
Thank you!

jack

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: table and column comment

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Samuele,

I did reply to your original email on this problem. Here is my reply again:

Hi,

The error message you are getting actually comes from the PostgreSQL server
- pgAdmin is just displaying it. Basically, it can't understand '2001-12-04
00.00.00' as a timestamp.

I've tried this on my system and get the same result as you, however if I
change the data to '2001-12-04 00:00:00' (which is the standard ISO format)
it works fine.

I would suggest either:

- Adjusting the date format on your SQL system to ISO.

or

- If the . notation is valid for your locale, check with one of the
PostgreSQL mailing lists (probably pgsql-general@postgresql.org) to ensure
that your system is setup correctly and that it isn't an actual bug in
PostgreSQL.

Regards, Dave.