Обсуждение: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

I committed pgadmin4 WIP spec file a few days ago, and now I'd like to finalize
the packaging.

Right now, we have 2 packages:

* pgadmin4-1.0-rc1_1.f24.x86_64 , includes:
  /usr/pgadmin4-1.0/runtime/pgAdmin4
  /usr/pgadmin4-1.0/runtime/pgadmin4.ini

* pgadmin4-web-1.0-rc1_1.f24.noarch , includes:
 - the rest.

So, what is next? I assume I'd need to add a unit file / init script, right?
Anything I'm missing?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I committed pgadmin4 WIP spec file a few days ago, and now I'd like to finalize
> the packaging.

Cool.

> Right now, we have 2 packages:
>
> * pgadmin4-1.0-rc1_1.f24.x86_64 , includes:
>   /usr/pgadmin4-1.0/runtime/pgAdmin4
>   /usr/pgadmin4-1.0/runtime/pgadmin4.ini
>
> * pgadmin4-web-1.0-rc1_1.f24.noarch , includes:
>  - the rest.
>
> So, what is next? I assume I'd need to add a unit file / init script, right?
> Anything I'm missing?

For users to run in desktop mode, nothing else should be required,
except possibly a shortcut to the runtime executable.

For all users, a config_distro.py file may be needed to to override
any of the default config settings with distro specific values.

For users running in web mode, an Apache HTTPD config snippet should
be adding in /etc/httpd/conf.d. That should look something like this
(for httpd 2.4 - the Require All Granted will be different on earlier
version):

    WSGIDaemonProcess pgadmin processes=1 threads=25
    WSGIScriptAlias /pgadmin4 /opt/pgAdmin4/web/pgAdmin4.wsgi

    <Directory /opt/pgAdmin4/web>
        WSGIProcessGroup pgadmin
        WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Require all granted
    </Directory>

Finally; are you building and including the docs? Their location will
need to be in the config.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 11:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> For users to run in desktop mode, nothing else should be required,
> except possibly a shortcut to the runtime executable.

Any chance to add .desktop file to git, like we did for pgadmin3?

> For all users, a config_distro.py file may be needed to to override
> any of the default config settings with distro specific values.

Ok, noted.

> For users running in web mode, an Apache HTTPD config snippet should
> be adding in /etc/httpd/conf.d. That should look something like this
> (for httpd 2.4 - the Require All Granted will be different on earlier
> version):
>
>     WSGIDaemonProcess pgadmin processes=1 threads=25
>     WSGIScriptAlias /pgadmin4 /opt/pgAdmin4/web/pgAdmin4.wsgi
>
>     <Directory /opt/pgAdmin4/web>
>         WSGIProcessGroup pgadmin
>         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>         Require all granted
>     </Directory>

Done.

> Finally; are you building and including the docs? Their location will
> need to be in the config.

Done.

Thank you!

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 11:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> For users to run in desktop mode, nothing else should be required,
>> except possibly a shortcut to the runtime executable.
>
> Any chance to add .desktop file to git, like we did for pgadmin3?

Sure - I'd want to put it alongside the spec file. Have you written one?

>> For all users, a config_distro.py file may be needed to to override
>> any of the default config settings with distro specific values.
>
> Ok, noted.
>
>> For users running in web mode, an Apache HTTPD config snippet should
>> be adding in /etc/httpd/conf.d. That should look something like this
>> (for httpd 2.4 - the Require All Granted will be different on earlier
>> version):
>>
>>     WSGIDaemonProcess pgadmin processes=1 threads=25
>>     WSGIScriptAlias /pgadmin4 /opt/pgAdmin4/web/pgAdmin4.wsgi
>>
>>     <Directory /opt/pgAdmin4/web>
>>         WSGIProcessGroup pgadmin
>>         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>>         Require all granted
>>     </Directory>
>
> Done.
>
>> Finally; are you building and including the docs? Their location will
>> need to be in the config.
>
> Done.
>
> Thank you!

Cool - and, thank *you* :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 09:56 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > Any chance to add .desktop file to git, like we did for pgadmin3?
>
> Sure - I'd want to put it alongside the spec file. Have you written one?

Just committed my version to pgrpms git:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=ad00835b6bb3615eebde2f253ebef438d3c27d48

I replace PYTHONDIR and  PYTHONSITELIB within the spec file using sed, so that
the same desktop file can work on PY3 and PY2 environments.

Cheers,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 09:56 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> > Any chance to add .desktop file to git, like we did for pgadmin3?
>>
>> Sure - I'd want to put it alongside the spec file. Have you written one?
>
> Just committed my version to pgrpms git:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=ad00835b6bb3615eebde2f253ebef438d3c27d48
>
> I replace PYTHONDIR and  PYTHONSITELIB within the spec file using sed, so that
> the same desktop file can work on PY3 and PY2 environments.

Awesome - thanks Devrim! I owe you a nice cool glass of spring water :-)

Let me know when packages available and ready to use, and I'll add a
page to the website to point people at them.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 11:46 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> Awesome - thanks Devrim! I owe you a nice cool glass of spring water :-)

\o/ Can't wait ;)

> Let me know when packages available and ready to use, and I'll add a
> page to the website to point people at them.

They are currently available for 9.6 only, on yum.postgresql.org. All testing
has been good so far. Feel free to add info to pgadmin website. I am planning
to write a short blog post about that soon, about installation instructions,
running, etc.

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Seçkin Alan
Дата:
Hi Devrim,

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob;f=rpm/redhat/9.6/pgadmin4/F-24/pgadmin4.desktop.in;h=362c0368fe54bd9b83fa55f57458af150d7d0942;hb=ad00835b6bb3615eebde2f253ebef438d3c27d48

Could you look this file ?

this variable is incorrect
Name=pgAdmin III

Its should be
Name=pgAdmin 4
or
Name=pgAdmin IV

Thanks.

--
Seçkin ALAN
http://sckn.org

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
pgAdmin 4 is the correct speeling :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Seçkin,

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 11:42 +0300, Seçkin Alan wrote:
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob;f=rpm/redhat/9.6/pgadm
> in4/F-
> 24/pgadmin4.desktop.in;h=362c0368fe54bd9b83fa55f57458af150d7d0942;hb=ad00835b
> 6bb3615eebde2f253ebef438d3c27d48
>
> Could you look this file ?
>
> this variable is incorrect
> Name=pgAdmin III
>
> Its should be
> Name=pgAdmin 4
> or
> Name=pgAdmin IV

Good catch! Fixed, thanks!

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 11:46 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> Awesome - thanks Devrim! I owe you a nice cool glass of spring water :-)
>
> \o/ Can't wait ;)
>
>> Let me know when packages available and ready to use, and I'll add a
>> page to the website to point people at them.
>
> They are currently available for 9.6 only, on yum.postgresql.org. All testing
> has been good so far. Feel free to add info to pgadmin website. I am planning
> to write a short blog post about that soon, about installation instructions,
> running, etc.

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/linux4.php

How's that? If you have instructions, please send me text (or better
yet, a patch), and I'll add them.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Finalizing pgadmin4 RPM work

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 12:03 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/linux4.php
>
> How's that? If you have instructions, please send me text (or better
> yet, a patch), and I'll add them.

I added packages for 9.4 and 9.5, too. Also wrote a basic blog post about this:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/91-Installing-pgadmin4-to-Red-Hat,-CentOS,-and-Fedora.html

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ