Обсуждение: pgAdmin III: system schemas under incorrect hiearchy in EDBAS PostgreSQL mode

pgAdmin III: system schemas under incorrect hiearchy in EDBAS PostgreSQL mode

От
Nikhil S
Дата:
Hi,

If we use pgadmin III to browse a PPAS database that was installed in Postgresql mode, the "sys" and "dbo" system schemas appear incorrectly under the normal user "Schemas" hierarchy. The issue is occurring because the current sql in pgSchemaBaseFactory::CreateObjects() which tries to avoid showing non-system schemas is incorrect.

Since these schemas are added at initdb time, IMO just checking for these schemas by name should be enough. This patch does just the same.

Regards,
Nikhils
Вложения

Re: pgAdmin III: system schemas under incorrect hiearchy in EDBAS PostgreSQL mode

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks - applied (with a minor tweak to make it work) :-p

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If we use pgadmin III to browse a PPAS database that was installed in
> Postgresql mode, the "sys" and "dbo" system schemas appear incorrectly under
> the normal user "Schemas" hierarchy. The issue is occurring because the
> current sql in pgSchemaBaseFactory::CreateObjects() which tries to avoid
> showing non-system schemas is incorrect.
>
> Since these schemas are added at initdb time, IMO just checking for these
> schemas by name should be enough. This patch does just the same.
>
> Regards,
> Nikhils

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin III: system schemas under incorrect hiearchy in EDBAS PostgreSQL mode

От
Nikhil S

Thanks - applied (with a minor tweak to make it work) :-p

Heh, thanks Dave :)

Regards,
Nikhils