Обсуждение: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Nikhil S
Дата:
Hi,

Since EDB AS 8.4, we support synonyms for functions and procedures. I checked support for both plpgsql functions and edbspl functions and procedures. However the create synonym dialogue only provides "Sequence, Synonym, Table and View" as target types. We need to add functions and procedures too as target types.

PFA, patch which does this.

Regards,
Nikhils
Вложения

Re: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since EDB AS 8.4, we support synonyms for functions and procedures. I
> checked support for both plpgsql functions and edbspl functions and
> procedures. However the create synonym dialogue only provides "Sequence,
> Synonym, Table and View" as target types. We need to add functions and
> procedures too as target types.

I'm inclined to consider this a bug, as my failure to update this
prior to the release of 1.12 means that our support for that feature
is essentially broken.

Does anyone object, before I commit it to 1.12?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 01/02/2011 18:40, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since EDB AS 8.4, we support synonyms for functions and procedures. I
>> checked support for both plpgsql functions and edbspl functions and
>> procedures. However the create synonym dialogue only provides "Sequence,
>> Synonym, Table and View" as target types. We need to add functions and
>> procedures too as target types.
>
> I'm inclined to consider this a bug, as my failure to update this
> prior to the release of 1.12 means that our support for that feature
> is essentially broken.
>
> Does anyone object, before I commit it to 1.12?

No objection here.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Nikhil S
Дата:
Hi Dave,

> I'm inclined to consider this a bug, as my failure to update this
> prior to the release of 1.12 means that our support for that feature
> is essentially broken.
>
> Does anyone object, before I commit it to 1.12?

No objection here.

Aye from the patch submitter too :)
Do we wait for more "Ayes" here or there is some feedback on which I should work on? Please let me know.

Regards,
Nikhils

Re: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>

>> > I'm inclined to consider this a bug, as my failure to update this
>> > prior to the release of 1.12 means that our support for that feature
>> > is essentially broken.
>> >
>> > Does anyone object, before I commit it to 1.12?
>> >

>> No objection here.
>>

> Aye from the patch submitter too :)
> Do we wait for more "Ayes" here or there is some feedback on which I should
> work on? Please let me know.

Nah - I meant to do it yesterday, but ended up spending all day trying
to figure out why I couldn't detect a focus event on a notebook page
properly.

Committed - thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin III: synonym support for EDBAS functions/procedures

От
Nikhil S

Nah - I meant to do it yesterday, but ended up spending all day trying
to figure out why I couldn't detect a focus event on a notebook page
properly.

Committed - thanks!

Thanks Dave.

Regards,