Обсуждение: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

I forgot about the display issue on the server status window.
As I could track down this issue hits the modern windows - XP is fine, Vista is not.
So a trivial define on platform as already practiced, solves the issue not in this case.

Regards Steffen

Вложения

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 20/09/2010 12:03, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> I forgot about the display issue on the server status window.
> As I could track down this issue hits the modern windows - XP is fine, Vista is not.
> So a trivial define on platform as already practiced, solves the issue not in this case.

I suppose we just need to make the toolbar bigger. Checking the OS
release seems quite out of the question for such a bug. As you seem to
have Vista, can you try to check the good size on Vista? if you can't,
I'll have to install everything on my Windows 7 laptop, hoping the bug
is still there.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 20/09/2010 21:35, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 20/09/2010 12:03, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> I forgot about the display issue on the server status window.
>> As I could track down this issue hits the modern windows - XP is fine, Vista is not.
>> So a trivial define on platform as already practiced, solves the issue not in this case.
>>

> I suppose we just need to make the toolbar bigger. Checking the OS
> release seems quite out of the question for such a bug. As you seem to
> have Vista, can you try to check the good size on Vista? if you can't,
> I'll have to install everything on my Windows 7 laptop, hoping the bug
> is still there.
>
> Thanks.

Added a #235 ticket to track this issue.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

today I had had the chance to check this issue on Windows 7 and everything is fine.
As further check I removed the key HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\frmStatus from the registry of my Vista box
and e evoila everything is fine on Vista.
I've no idea where this is coming from; may be this comes from my version beeing upgraded from the betas in combination
witha missing
perspective update for this case - but I just guessing.

Regards Steffen

On 20.09.2010 21:40 "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 20/09/2010 21:35, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> > Le 20/09/2010 12:03, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> >> Hi Guillaume,
> >>
> >> I forgot about the display issue on the server status window.
> >> As I could track down this issue hits the modern windows - XP is
> >> fine, Vista is not.
> >> So a trivial define on platform as already practiced, solves the
> >> issue not in this case.
> >>

> > I suppose we just need to make the toolbar bigger. Checking the OS
> > release seems quite out of the question for such a bug. As you seem
> > have Vista, can you try to check the good size on Vista? if you
> > can't,
> > I'll have to install everything on my Windows 7 laptop, hoping the
> > bug
> > is still there.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Added a #235 ticket to track this issue.

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Steffen,

Le 21/09/2010 12:12, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> [...]
> today I had had the chance to check this issue on Windows 7 and everything is fine.
> As further check I removed the key HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\frmStatus from the registry of my Vista box
> and e evoila everything is fine on Vista.
> I've no idea where this is coming from; may be this comes from my version beeing upgraded from the betas in
combinationwith a missing
> perspective update for this case - but I just guessing.

We have a setting telling the size of some component
(FRMSTATUS_PERSPECTIVE_VER in this case). The setting depended on the
release number you installed. One reason could be that, since the git
migration, the release "number" is not updated. Previously, we used the
SVN commit id, which increments automatically. Maybe I forgot to do it
last time I changed the setting. According to GIT, it doesn't seem to be
happening. Probably an effect of using dev releases. Can't tell you more
right now.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 21/09/2010 15:56, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Le 21/09/2010 12:12, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
>> [...]
>> today I had had the chance to check this issue on Windows 7 and everything is fine.
>> As further check I removed the key HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\frmStatus from the registry of my Vista box
>> and e evoila everything is fine on Vista.
>> I've no idea where this is coming from; may be this comes from my version beeing upgraded from the betas in
combinationwith a missing
>> perspective update for this case - but I just guessing.
>>

> We have a setting telling the size of some component
> (FRMSTATUS_PERSPECTIVE_VER in this case). The setting depended on the
> release number you installed. One reason could be that, since the git
> migration, the release "number" is not updated. Previously, we used the
> SVN commit id, which increments automatically. Maybe I forgot to do it
> last time I changed the setting. According to GIT, it doesn't seem to be
> happening. Probably an effect of using dev releases. Can't tell you more
> right now.

Well, I still think there is an issue here. We used the VerFromRev()
function before when we were using svn, but its use right now make every
parameter get the name "Perspective-" instead of "Perspective-<id>".

Patch attached.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Вложения

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Steffen Kuhn
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

I tried to reproduce this this issue starting with the update line with
12.0 RC1,
but everthing worked fine from there. So not that many will be affected.
As far as I could estimate your patch fixes this issue. I need to
estimate because
of I don't get I reproduced so that I can't really verify your patch.

Regards Steffen

Am 21.09.2010 21:40, schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:
> Le 21/09/2010 15:56, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> Le 21/09/2010 12:12, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
>>
>>> [...]
>>> today I had had the chance to check this issue on Windows 7 and everything is fine.
>>> As further check I removed the key HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\frmStatus from the registry of my Vista box
>>> and e evoila everything is fine on Vista.
>>> I've no idea where this is coming from; may be this comes from my version beeing upgraded from the betas in
combinationwith a missing
>>> perspective update for this case - but I just guessing.
>>>

>> We have a setting telling the size of some component
>> (FRMSTATUS_PERSPECTIVE_VER in this case). The setting depended on the
>> release number you installed. One reason could be that, since the git
>> migration, the release "number" is not updated. Previously, we used the
>> SVN commit id, which increments automatically. Maybe I forgot to do it
>> last time I changed the setting. According to GIT, it doesn't seem to be
>> happening. Probably an effect of using dev releases. Can't tell you more
>> right now.
>>

> Well, I still think there is an issue here. We used the VerFromRev()
> function before when we were using svn, but its use right now make every
> parameter get the name "Perspective-" instead of "Perspective-<id>".
>
> Patch attached.

Re: pgAdmin III 1.12: Toolbar issue on modern windows

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 22/09/2010 20:32, Steffen Kuhn a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> I tried to reproduce this this issue starting with the update line with
> 12.0 RC1,
> but everthing worked fine from there. So not that many will be affected.
> As far as I could estimate your patch fixes this issue. I need to
> estimate because
> of I don't get I reproduced so that I can't really verify your patch.

I understand. VerFromRev() is a big issue right now, so I don't think it
can be worse than it is. So, I commited my patch.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr