Обсуждение: GIT repo move

GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
It seems like the easiest way to fix the tags in the migrated GIT
repositories is to re-tag them manually, based on the SVN history.
That is now done for pgadmin1, pgadmin2 and pgagent, all of which are
now live on git.postgresql.org. The www module didn't have any tags,
and is also there as pgadmin-www.

Please spend a few moments to look them over for any other issues i've missed!!

The pgAdmin III repo is going to take a fair bit of effort I suspect...

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> The pgAdmin III repo is going to take a fair bit of effort I suspect...

Phew, that was an understatement. I think the tags are all OK now - I
just had to re-apply the last four patches to trunk for some reason
that I haven't fully understood yet, but otherwise it *looks* fine.

So, please take a moment to browse, and checkout and build the code
from http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=summary
(including a back branch or two). If noone complains by Monday, I
think we should make the change permanent. Until then, let's avoid any
commits :-)

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 17/07/2010 02:15, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
>> The pgAdmin III repo is going to take a fair bit of effort I suspect...
>
> Phew, that was an understatement. I think the tags are all OK now - I
> just had to re-apply the last four patches to trunk for some reason
> that I haven't fully understood yet, but otherwise it *looks* fine.
>
> So, please take a moment to browse, and checkout and build the code
> from http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=summary
> (including a back branch or two). If noone complains by Monday, I
> think we should make the change permanent. Until then, let's avoid any
> commits :-)

Grabbed the git repo. Works great. I cloned the repo, worked on the
master branch and on the REL-1_10_0_PATCHES branch. No issue found.

So, you did a great work. I already have two commits to do, but I'll
wait for your signal to actually commit them.

Thanks for working on this.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 17/07/2010 02:15, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The pgAdmin III repo is going to take a fair bit of effort I suspect...
>>
>> Phew, that was an understatement. I think the tags are all OK now - I
>> just had to re-apply the last four patches to trunk for some reason
>> that I haven't fully understood yet, but otherwise it *looks* fine.
>>
>> So, please take a moment to browse, and checkout and build the code
>> from http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=summary
>> (including a back branch or two). If noone complains by Monday, I
>> think we should make the change permanent. Until then, let's avoid any
>> commits :-)
>>

> Grabbed the git repo. Works great. I cloned the repo, worked on the
> master branch and on the REL-1_10_0_PATCHES branch. No issue found.
>
> So, you did a great work. I already have two commits to do, but I'll
> wait for your signal to actually commit them.

I've tested trunk and 1.10 on Mac, and both look good. I want to test
both on Windows first as well before I declare success :-). I intend
to do that later today.

> Thanks for working on this.

You're welcome.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Phew, that was an understatement. I think the tags are all OK now - I
>>> just had to re-apply the last four patches to trunk for some reason
>>> that I haven't fully understood yet, but otherwise it *looks* fine.
>>>
>>> So, please take a moment to browse, and checkout and build the code
>>> from http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=summary
>>> (including a back branch or two). If noone complains by Monday, I
>>> think we should make the change permanent. Until then, let's avoid any
>>> commits :-)
>>>

>> Grabbed the git repo. Works great. I cloned the repo, worked on the
>> master branch and on the REL-1_10_0_PATCHES branch. No issue found.
>>
>> So, you did a great work. I already have two commits to do, but I'll
>> wait for your signal to actually commit them.
>
> I've tested trunk and 1.10 on Mac, and both look good. I want to test
> both on Windows first as well before I declare success :-). I intend
> to do that later today.

Seems to be fine. I think we're good to go, so I've christened it with
a couple of tweaks to fix compiler warnings.

Just need Magnus' commit email hook script now :-p

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 18/07/2010 20:51, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Grabbed the git repo. Works great. I cloned the repo, worked on the
>>> master branch and on the REL-1_10_0_PATCHES branch. No issue found.
>>>
>>> So, you did a great work. I already have two commits to do, but I'll
>>> wait for your signal to actually commit them.
>>
>> I've tested trunk and 1.10 on Mac, and both look good. I want to test
>> both on Windows first as well before I declare success :-). I intend
>> to do that later today.
>
> Seems to be fine. I think we're good to go, so I've christened it with
> a couple of tweaks to fix compiler warnings.

So, is the GIT repo read/write now? or should I wait a bit? :)

> Just need Magnus' commit email hook script now :-p

Well, there's already the RSS feed.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> So, is the GIT repo read/write now? or should I wait a bit? :)

I think so. I just had a minor scare, but that turned out to be me
screwing up a merge, rather than a GIT issue.

I do still need to update the website to pull things like the TODO and
bugs lists from GIT. I'll do that tomorrow AM probably.

>> Just need Magnus' commit email hook script now :-p
>>

> Well, there's already the RSS feed.

Doesn't play well with my preferred workflow. He's writing the script
for PG anyway, so it's not really any extra work.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 18/07/2010 21:55, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> So, is the GIT repo read/write now? or should I wait a bit? :)
>
> I think so. I just had a minor scare, but that turned out to be me
> screwing up a merge, rather than a GIT issue.

OK, did my first GIT commit on the new repo. Great feeling :)

I stupidly used my Dalibo email address. Will fix that. But love the
--author command line option.

> I do still need to update the website to pull things like the TODO and
> bugs lists from GIT. I'll do that tomorrow AM probably.
>
>>> Just need Magnus' commit email hook script now :-p
>>>

>> Well, there's already the RSS feed.
>
> Doesn't play well with my preferred workflow. He's writing the script
> for PG anyway, so it's not really any extra work.

Yep, you're not the only waiting for that. The Slony folks will love
that too. They are waiting for this.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 18/07/2010 22:55, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 18/07/2010 21:55, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> [...]
>> I do still need to update the website to pull things like the TODO and
>> bugs lists from GIT. I'll do that tomorrow AM probably.

Forgot to talk about the .po files. The website needs them. So I suppose
there is a script somewhere to fix.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 18/07/2010 22:55, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>> Le 18/07/2010 21:55, Dave Page a écrit :
>>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I do still need to update the website to pull things like the TODO and
>>> bugs lists from GIT. I'll do that tomorrow AM probably.

Done.

> Forgot to talk about the .po files. The website needs them. So I suppose
> there is a script somewhere to fix.

That's fixed by the changes I just made isn't it?

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/07/2010 12:05, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>> [...]
>
> Done.

Does it mean the pgadmin-www repo is open to changes? I have some to do.

>> Forgot to talk about the .po files. The website needs them. So I suppose
>> there is a script somewhere to fix.
>
> That's fixed by the changes I just made isn't it?

Well, I don't see that in the repo unfortunately.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 19/07/2010 12:05, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>
>> Done.
>>

> Does it mean the pgadmin-www repo is open to changes? I have some to do.

Yes, that was the first one that opened.

>>> Forgot to talk about the .po files. The website needs them. So I suppose
>>> there is a script somewhere to fix.
>>
>> That's fixed by the changes I just made isn't it?
>>

> Well, I don't see that in the repo unfortunately.

The changes I made were not in the repo, but on the filesystem of the
webserver and in cron.

What do you think is missing exactly?

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/07/2010 20:29, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Le 19/07/2010 12:05, Dave Page a écrit :
>>>
>>> Done.
>>>

>> Does it mean the pgadmin-www repo is open to changes? I have some to do.
>
> Yes, that was the first one that opened.

Did you give me the rights to commit there? it seems I can't push anything.

>>> That's fixed by the changes I just made isn't it?
>>>

>> Well, I don't see that in the repo unfortunately.
>
> The changes I made were not in the repo, but on the filesystem of the
> webserver and in cron.
>
> What do you think is missing exactly?

The script that pull the .po files from the repo, to make them available
to translators via the website. I suppose it is the same script that
computes the percentage of translated messages.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Did you give me the rights to commit there? it seems I can't push anything.

Oops, sorry - I only gave you read permission. Fixed now - don't know
how long it'll take to take effect though.

> The script that pull the .po files from the repo, to make them available
> to translators via the website. I suppose it is the same script that
> computes the percentage of translated messages.

No, it's just a cron job, which I updated this morning:

# www.pgadmin.org

# Update the GIT repositories:
02 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3;
/usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
07 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.4;
/usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
12 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.6;
/usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
17 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.8;
/usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
22 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.10;
/usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

# Update the website content/source code:
22 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org; /usr/local/bin/git pull
1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

# Run the translation cache update script:
27 * * * * /usr/local/bin/wget -q -O /tmp/update.txt
http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/update.php 1> /dev/null 2>
/dev/null

# Update the snapshots tree:
32 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync -avz --delete
developer.pgadmin.org::pgadmin-snapshots
/usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/ 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/07/2010 21:12, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Did you give me the rights to commit there? it seems I can't push anything.
>
> Oops, sorry - I only gave you read permission. Fixed now - don't know
> how long it'll take to take effect though.

Already working. Thanks :)

>> The script that pull the .po files from the repo, to make them available
>> to translators via the website. I suppose it is the same script that
>> computes the percentage of translated messages.
>
> No, it's just a cron job, which I updated this morning:

Oh, OK. Fine, then.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/07/2010 21:12, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Did you give me the rights to commit there? it seems I can't push anything.
>
> Oops, sorry - I only gave you read permission. Fixed now - don't know
> how long it'll take to take effect though.
>
>> The script that pull the .po files from the repo, to make them available
>> to translators via the website. I suppose it is the same script that
>> computes the percentage of translated messages.
>
> No, it's just a cron job, which I updated this morning:
>
> ################################################
> # www.pgadmin.org
> ################################################
>
> # Update the GIT repositories:
> 02 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3;
> /usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
> 07 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.4;
> /usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
> 12 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.6;
> /usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
> 17 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.8;
> /usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
> 22 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/svnrepo/pgadmin3-1.10;
> /usr/local/bin/git pull 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
>
> # Update the website content/source code:
> 22 * * * * cd /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org; /usr/local/bin/git pull
> 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
>
> # Run the translation cache update script:
> 27 * * * * /usr/local/bin/wget -q -O /tmp/update.txt
> http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/update.php 1> /dev/null 2>
> /dev/null
>
> # Update the snapshots tree:
> 32 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync -avz --delete
> developer.pgadmin.org::pgadmin-snapshots
> /usr/local/www/www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/ 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/status.php doesn't seem too good :-/
There's maybe an issue with the cron scripts.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: GIT repo move

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/status.php doesn't seem too good :-/
> There's maybe an issue with the cron scripts.

The code was checking to see if it was in an SVN repo. I changed it to
look for .git/config instead of .svn/format

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: GIT repo move

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 27/07/2010 11:00, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/status.php doesn't seem too good :-/
>> There's maybe an issue with the cron scripts.
>
> The code was checking to see if it was in an SVN repo. I changed it to
> look for .git/config instead of .svn/format

Great, thanks.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr