Обсуждение: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Hi!

A couple of months ago I was planning to get involved with the
development of pgadmin again, but, alas, I am swamped at work. Still
hoping that the situation will clear up.
Meanwhile, after the release of v.1.10.2 I have logged my first ticket
in trac.
The ticket says it all. It is remarkable that the crash happens on Win
XP Home, while another copy on Win XP Pro (installed yesterday) seems to
work fine.

Would you say it is good practice to also send a message to the list, or
will a ticket do?

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 17/03/2010 18:20, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> [...]
> A couple of months ago I was planning to get involved with the
> development of pgadmin again, but, alas, I am swamped at work. Still
> hoping that the situation will clear up.
> Meanwhile, after the release of v.1.10.2 I have logged my first ticket
> in trac.
> The ticket says it all. It is remarkable that the crash happens on Win
> XP Home, while another copy on Win XP Pro (installed yesterday) seems to
> work fine.
>
> Would you say it is good practice to also send a message to the list, or
> will a ticket do?

I prefer a ticket + a mail, as you did.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/03/2010 21:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 17/03/2010 18:20, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>> [...]
>> A couple of months ago I was planning to get involved with the
>> development of pgadmin again, but, alas, I am swamped at work. Still
>> hoping that the situation will clear up.
>> Meanwhile, after the release of v.1.10.2 I have logged my first ticket
>> in trac.
>> The ticket says it all. It is remarkable that the crash happens on Win
>> XP Home, while another copy on Win XP Pro (installed yesterday) seems to
>> work fine.
>>
>> Would you say it is good practice to also send a message to the list, or
>> will a ticket do?
>>

> I prefer a ticket + a mail, as you did.

Dave, do you or one of your guys have an XP Home Edition? because I
don't and I don't see how I can work on that to fix it without a Home
Edition (my XP's a Pro edition) to try and fix.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 25.03.2010 23:18, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 19/03/2010 21:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>
>> Le 17/03/2010 18:20, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>>
>>> [...]
>>> The ticket says it all. It is remarkable that the crash happens on Win
>>> XP Home, while another copy on Win XP Pro (installed yesterday) seems to
>>> work fine.
>>>
>>> Would you say it is good practice to also send a message to the list, or
>>> will a ticket do?
>>>
>> I prefer a ticket + a mail, as you did.
>>

> Dave, do you or one of your guys have an XP Home Edition? because I
> don't and I don't see how I can work on that to fix it without a Home
> Edition (my XP's a Pro edition) to try and fix.
>
> Thanks.

I obviously have one. So, if you need me to try something, just tell me.
I don't know what to look for.

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 25/03/2010 23:35, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 25.03.2010 23:18, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:

>>> I prefer a ticket + a mail, as you did.
>>>

>> Dave, do you or one of your guys have an XP Home Edition? because I
>> don't and I don't see how I can work on that to fix it without a Home
>> Edition (my XP's a Pro edition) to try and fix.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I obviously have one. So, if you need me to try something, just tell me.
> I don't know what to look for.

Thanks Erwin.

Unfortunately, I actually don't know what to try, unless you can use
VC++2005, compile pgAdmin, and launch it via the VC++2005 debugger.

One of my customer had an issue like yours. It could be that libpq is
not correctly installed. Do you only have pgAdmin installed on your XP
Home Edition? How did you install it? (I mean, remotely? and if yes mstc
or vnc?) Do you also have PostgreSQL on this computer?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 26.03.2010 00:05, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 25/03/2010 23:35, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :

>>> Dave, do you or one of your guys have an XP Home Edition? because I
>>> don't and I don't see how I can work on that to fix it without a Home
>>> Edition (my XP's a Pro edition) to try and fix.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> I obviously have one. So, if you need me to try something, just tell me.
>> I don't know what to look for.
>>

> Thanks Erwin.
>
> Unfortunately, I actually don't know what to try, unless you can use
> VC++2005, compile pgAdmin, and launch it via the VC++2005 debugger.
>
> One of my customer had an issue like yours. It could be that libpq is
> not correctly installed. Do you only have pgAdmin installed on your XP
> Home Edition? How did you install it? (I mean, remotely? and if yes mstc
> or vnc?) Do you also have PostgreSQL on this computer?

I have never used VC++ and don't have the debugger.
I installed pgAdmin 1.10.2 on an XP Pro version, too (see description in
ticket #152) but did not run into problems there. On both machines I
downloaded the installer for windows and installed locally. Upgrade from
1.10.1 with the included "upgrade.bat", like I have done dozens of times
before. Install process was without a hitch. But starting pgAdmin
afterwards resulted in the reported error msg.
As reported, I tried the procedure twice with packages from different
download mirrors, with identical results. After downgrading
(re-installing pgAdmin 1.10.1) this version works like it did before.
I don't have Postgres installed on either computer, I manage a number of
databases remotely on dedicated Debian servers.
Several unneeded services are deactivated on the XP Home machine and a
couple of unwanted standard-components are removed, but I never had any
problems with that before. I just mention it to complete the picture.

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 26/03/2010 00:33, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 26.03.2010 00:05, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:

>>> I obviously have one. So, if you need me to try something, just tell me.
>>> I don't know what to look for.
>>>

>> Thanks Erwin.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I actually don't know what to try, unless you can use
>> VC++2005, compile pgAdmin, and launch it via the VC++2005 debugger.
>>
>> One of my customer had an issue like yours. It could be that libpq is
>> not correctly installed. Do you only have pgAdmin installed on your XP
>> Home Edition? How did you install it? (I mean, remotely? and if yes mstc
>> or vnc?) Do you also have PostgreSQL on this computer?
>>

> I have never used VC++ and don't have the debugger.
> I installed pgAdmin 1.10.2 on an XP Pro version, too (see description in
> ticket #152) but did not run into problems there. On both machines I
> downloaded the installer for windows and installed locally. Upgrade from
> 1.10.1 with the included "upgrade.bat", like I have done dozens of times
> before. Install process was without a hitch. But starting pgAdmin
> afterwards resulted in the reported error msg.
> As reported, I tried the procedure twice with packages from different
> download mirrors, with identical results. After downgrading
> (re-installing pgAdmin 1.10.1) this version works like it did before.
> I don't have Postgres installed on either computer, I manage a number of
> databases remotely on dedicated Debian servers.
> Several unneeded services are deactivated on the XP Home machine and a
> couple of unwanted standard-components are removed, but I never had any
> problems with that before. I just mention it to complete the picture.

Can you try to launch pgadmin3 in the two following modes:

 * status server: pgadmin3 -S
 * query tool: pgadmin3 -q

If it works, that would mean the issue is with the main browser.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 26.03.2010 08:05, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 26/03/2010 00:33, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>
>> (...)
>> I have never used VC++ and don't have the debugger.
>> I installed pgAdmin 1.10.2 on an XP Pro version, too (see description in
>> ticket #152) but did not run into problems there. On both machines I
>> downloaded the installer for windows and installed locally. Upgrade from
>> 1.10.1 with the included "upgrade.bat", like I have done dozens of times
>> before. Install process was without a hitch. But starting pgAdmin
>> afterwards resulted in the reported error msg.
>> As reported, I tried the procedure twice with packages from different
>> download mirrors, with identical results. After downgrading
>> (re-installing pgAdmin 1.10.1) this version works like it did before.
>> I don't have Postgres installed on either computer, I manage a number of
>> databases remotely on dedicated Debian servers.
>> Several unneeded services are deactivated on the XP Home machine and a
>> couple of unwanted standard-components are removed, but I never had any
>> problems with that before. I just mention it to complete the picture.
>>

> Can you try to launch pgadmin3 in the two following modes:
>
>   * status server: pgadmin3 -S
>   * query tool: pgadmin3 -q
>
> If it works, that would mean the issue is with the main browser.

Hi Guillaume!

I re-installed v1.10.2 on the same machine and tried as advised. I get
identical error msg. every time.
Even "pgadmin3 \h" has the same effect. As the error messages implies,
pgadmin fail at the very start, trying to "initialize".
Going back to 1.10.1 was without a problem again.

BTW: is there a way to install point-releases in parallel for testing? I
assume, no?

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Erwin,

Le 26/03/2010 16:07, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 26.03.2010 08:05, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>> Le 26/03/2010 00:33, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>>
>>> (...)
>>> I have never used VC++ and don't have the debugger.
>>> I installed pgAdmin 1.10.2 on an XP Pro version, too (see description in
>>> ticket #152) but did not run into problems there. On both machines I
>>> downloaded the installer for windows and installed locally. Upgrade from
>>> 1.10.1 with the included "upgrade.bat", like I have done dozens of times
>>> before. Install process was without a hitch. But starting pgAdmin
>>> afterwards resulted in the reported error msg.
>>> As reported, I tried the procedure twice with packages from different
>>> download mirrors, with identical results. After downgrading
>>> (re-installing pgAdmin 1.10.1) this version works like it did before.
>>> I don't have Postgres installed on either computer, I manage a number of
>>> databases remotely on dedicated Debian servers.
>>> Several unneeded services are deactivated on the XP Home machine and a
>>> couple of unwanted standard-components are removed, but I never had any
>>> problems with that before. I just mention it to complete the picture.
>>>

>> Can you try to launch pgadmin3 in the two following modes:
>>
>>   * status server: pgadmin3 -S
>>   * query tool: pgadmin3 -q
>>
>> If it works, that would mean the issue is with the main browser.
>>

> Hi Guillaume!
>
> I re-installed v1.10.2 on the same machine and tried as advised. I get
> identical error msg. every time.
> Even "pgadmin3 \h" has the same effect. As the error messages implies,
> pgadmin fail at the very start, trying to "initialize".
> Going back to 1.10.1 was without a problem again.

I don't see what's going on there. Do you have the log file enabled?
with full logs?

For this, you need to have those two:

LogFile=/home/guillaume/pgadmin.log
LogLevel=4

It should be in the registry. Won't be the same location, though.

Can you send me your log file with full logs? if pgAdmin has time to
write in it. Thanks. In 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 please.

> BTW: is there a way to install point-releases in parallel for testing? I
> assume, no?

Nope.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Hi Guillaume!

On 27.03.2010 02:57, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> Le 26/03/2010 16:07, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>
>> (...)
>> Hi Guillaume!
>>
>> I re-installed v1.10.2 on the same machine and tried as advised. I get
>> identical error msg. every time.
>> Even "pgadmin3 \h" has the same effect. As the error messages implies,
>> pgadmin fail at the very start, trying to "initialize".
>> Going back to 1.10.1 was without a problem again.
>>

> I don't see what's going on there. Do you have the log file enabled?
> with full logs?
>
> For this, you need to have those two:
>
> LogFile=/home/guillaume/pgadmin.log
> LogLevel=4
>
> It should be in the registry. Won't be the same location, though.
>
> Can you send me your log file with full logs? if pgAdmin has time to
> write in it. Thanks. In 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 please.

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a couple of days.

I tried as advised, set LogLevel=4 and checked that in the registry.
v.1.10.2 never gets to write to the log file.
I attached the log of v.1.10.1 starting up for reference, but that's
probably irrelevant.

Regards
Erwin

Вложения

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 02/04/2010 16:26, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume!
>
> On 27.03.2010 02:57, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>> Hi Erwin,
>>
>> Le 26/03/2010 16:07, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>>
>>> (...)
>>> Hi Guillaume!
>>>
>>> I re-installed v1.10.2 on the same machine and tried as advised. I get
>>> identical error msg. every time.
>>> Even "pgadmin3 \h" has the same effect. As the error messages implies,
>>> pgadmin fail at the very start, trying to "initialize".
>>> Going back to 1.10.1 was without a problem again.
>>>

>> I don't see what's going on there. Do you have the log file enabled?
>> with full logs?
>>
>> For this, you need to have those two:
>>
>> LogFile=/home/guillaume/pgadmin.log
>> LogLevel=4
>>
>> It should be in the registry. Won't be the same location, though.
>>
>> Can you send me your log file with full logs? if pgAdmin has time to
>> write in it. Thanks. In 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 please.
>>

> Sorry for the delay, I was away for a couple of days.
>
> I tried as advised, set LogLevel=4 and checked that in the registry.
> v.1.10.2 never gets to write to the log file.
> I attached the log of v.1.10.1 starting up for reference, but that's
> probably irrelevant.

I'll compile a pgAdmin binary and send it to you. I really don't know
what's happening on this computer.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 02.04.2010 17:24, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 02/04/2010 16:26, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>
>> Hi Guillaume!
>>
>> On 27.03.2010 02:57, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Erwin,

>>> I don't see what's going on there. Do you have the log file enabled?
>>> with full logs?
>>>
>>> For this, you need to have those two:
>>>
>>> LogFile=/home/guillaume/pgadmin.log
>>> LogLevel=4
>>>
>>> It should be in the registry. Won't be the same location, though.
>>>
>>> Can you send me your log file with full logs? if pgAdmin has time to
>>> write in it. Thanks. In 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 please.
>>>

>> Sorry for the delay, I was away for a couple of days.
>>
>> I tried as advised, set LogLevel=4 and checked that in the registry.
>> v.1.10.2 never gets to write to the log file.
>> I attached the log of v.1.10.1 starting up for reference, but that's
>> probably irrelevant.
>>

> I'll compile a pgAdmin binary and send it to you. I really don't know
> what's happening on this computer.

Just to make sure: did you send one? I never got one.

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 09/04/2010 16:20, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 02.04.2010 17:24, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>> Le 02/04/2010 16:26, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Guillaume!

>>> Sorry for the delay, I was away for a couple of days.
>>>
>>> I tried as advised, set LogLevel=4 and checked that in the registry.
>>> v.1.10.2 never gets to write to the log file.
>>> I attached the log of v.1.10.1 starting up for reference, but that's
>>> probably irrelevant.
>>>

>> I'll compile a pgAdmin binary and send it to you. I really don't know
>> what's happening on this computer.
>>

> Just to make sure: did you send one? I never got one.

Nope, I need to checkout 1.10 on my Windows XP and compile it. Wasn't at
home all week long. I'll have the time to do it tonight or this week-end.

Will send it to you privately.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 17.04.2010 00:16, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 09/04/2010 16:33, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>
>> (...)
> Sorry for making you wait so long. Here is the pgAdmin binary. It's
> compiled from the 1.10 branch, so a 1.10.2 + 15 bug fixes.
>
> Tell me if you still have trouble with it

I unpacked the file "pgadmin3.exe" you sent me:  Version 1.10.2 (Apr 17
2010,rev: )
After replacing pgadmin3.exe in version 1.10.1 I can start pgAdmin
successfully. No problems in cursory tests.

However, if I upgrade to 1.10.2 first (with upgrade.bat) and then try to
replace pgadmin3.exe with your version, the program still won't start.
 From that I conclude that the problem must lie with one of the other
files that get upgraded.
If you need me to check anything else, I'll look into it.

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 17/04/2010 01:02, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 17.04.2010 00:16, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>> Le 09/04/2010 16:33, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>>
>>> (...)
>> Sorry for making you wait so long. Here is the pgAdmin binary. It's
>> compiled from the 1.10 branch, so a 1.10.2 + 15 bug fixes.
>>
>> Tell me if you still have trouble with it
>
> I unpacked the file "pgadmin3.exe" you sent me:  Version 1.10.2 (Apr 17
> 2010,rev: )
> After replacing pgadmin3.exe in version 1.10.1 I can start pgAdmin
> successfully. No problems in cursory tests.
>
> However, if I upgrade to 1.10.2 first (with upgrade.bat) and then try to
> replace pgadmin3.exe with your version, the program still won't start.
> From that I conclude that the problem must lie with one of the other
> files that get upgraded.
> If you need me to check anything else, I'll look into it.

Didn't think of it earlier, but did you try to uninstall pgAdmin and
re-install it? (ie, not use the upgrade.bat)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 17.04.2010 08:02, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 17/04/2010 01:02, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :

>>> Sorry for making you wait so long. Here is the pgAdmin binary. It's
>>> compiled from the 1.10 branch, so a 1.10.2 + 15 bug fixes.
>>>
>>> Tell me if you still have trouble with it
>>>
>> I unpacked the file "pgadmin3.exe" you sent me:  Version 1.10.2 (Apr 17
>> 2010,rev: )
>> After replacing pgadmin3.exe in version 1.10.1 I can start pgAdmin
>> successfully. No problems in cursory tests.
>>
>> However, if I upgrade to 1.10.2 first (with upgrade.bat) and then try to
>> replace pgadmin3.exe with your version, the program still won't start.
>>  From that I conclude that the problem must lie with one of the other
>> files that get upgraded.
>> If you need me to check anything else, I'll look into it.
>>

> Didn't think of it earlier, but did you try to uninstall pgAdmin and
> re-install it? (ie, not use the upgrade.bat)

OK, tried that. Uninstalled pgAdmin v.1.10.1 and installed pgAdmin
v.1.10.2 by executing "pgadmin3.msi". Program still crashes at start.
Tried replacing "pgadmin3.exe" with your newly compiled version: no
change, crash at start.
Uninstalled 1.10.2 and reinstalled 1.10.1: works again.

Would you expect problems if I use your latest version of pgadmin3.exe
within v.1.10.1 environment (to test the recent bug fixes)? In that case
I would restrict my tests to my home PC (with Win XP Pro and a working
pgAdmin v.1.10.2)

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 19/04/2010 19:24, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 17.04.2010 08:02, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:

>>> I unpacked the file "pgadmin3.exe" you sent me:  Version 1.10.2 (Apr 17
>>> 2010,rev: )
>>> After replacing pgadmin3.exe in version 1.10.1 I can start pgAdmin
>>> successfully. No problems in cursory tests.
>>>
>>> However, if I upgrade to 1.10.2 first (with upgrade.bat) and then try to
>>> replace pgadmin3.exe with your version, the program still won't start.
>>>  From that I conclude that the problem must lie with one of the other
>>> files that get upgraded.
>>> If you need me to check anything else, I'll look into it.
>>>

>> Didn't think of it earlier, but did you try to uninstall pgAdmin and
>> re-install it? (ie, not use the upgrade.bat)
>>

> OK, tried that. Uninstalled pgAdmin v.1.10.1 and installed pgAdmin
> v.1.10.2 by executing "pgadmin3.msi". Program still crashes at start.
> Tried replacing "pgadmin3.exe" with your newly compiled version: no
> change, crash at start.
> Uninstalled 1.10.2 and reinstalled 1.10.1: works again.

I really don't understand. From your pgadmin3.log, it's quite obvious
that the program crash before startup. I'm sorry, I'm at lost here. Do
you have the depends.exe binary? if yes, can you try to see what it
tells you when you open pgAdmin 1.10.1 and 1.10.2? are there any
differences? (if you dont have this program, you can try to download it
here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/)

> Would you expect problems if I use your latest version of pgadmin3.exe
> within v.1.10.1 environment (to test the recent bug fixes)?

No, I don't expect problems. Of course, I can't guaranty you there is no
issue. But, if there are issues, I would like to know them :)

> In that case
> I would restrict my tests to my home PC (with Win XP Pro and a working
> pgAdmin v.1.10.2)

Sure, that should work.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 19.04.2010 23:46, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 19/04/2010 19:24, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>
>> On 17.04.2010 08:02, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>>
>> (...)
> I really don't understand. From your pgadmin3.log, it's quite obvious
> that the program crash before startup. I'm sorry, I'm at lost here. Do
> you have the depends.exe binary? if yes, can you try to see what it
> tells you when you open pgAdmin 1.10.1 and 1.10.2? are there any
> differences? (if you dont have this program, you can try to download it
> here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/)

OK, got the "Dependency Walker". For starters, that's what it says about
my test pc (system information):

Dependency Walker:    2.2.6000 (32-bit)
Operating System:    Microsoft Windows XP Home (32-bit)
OS Version:    5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
Processor:    x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0, AuthenticAMD, ~1996MHz
Number of Processors:    1
Computer Name:    ERWIN
User Name:    brsa
Local Date:    Donnerstag, 22. April 2010
Local Time:    14:08:10 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit (GMT+02:00)
OS Language:    0x0C07: German (Austria)
Memory Load:    43%
Physical Memory Total:    2.146.947.072 (2048 MB)
Physical Memory Used:    934.141.952
Physical Memory Free:    1.212.805.120
Page File Memory Total:    1.990.057.984
Page File Memory Used:    632.475.648
Page File Memory Free:    1.357.582.336
Virtual Memory Total:    2.147.352.576
Virtual Memory Used:    97.251.328
Virtual Memory Free:    2.050.101.248
Page Size:    0x00001000 (4.096)
Allocation Granularity:    0x00010000 (65.536)
Min. App. Address:    0x00010000 (65.536)
Max. App. Address:    0x7FFEFFFF (2.147.418.111)

Output for pgAdmin 1.10.1 (working fine):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I get errors for these files ("Error opening file. System cannot find file")
     DWMAPI.DLL
     EFSADU.DLL
     INETCOMM.DLL

Output for pgAdmin 1.10.2 (crash at start):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
"c:\programme\pgadmin iii\1.10\SSLEAY32.DLL" contains errors. Diese
Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration
nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu
installieren (14001).
     -- Translation: the application could not be started because of
errors in the configuration. Try to reinstall to solve the problem.
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
"c:\programme\pgadmin iii\1.10\LIBEAY32.DLL" contains errors. Diese
Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration
nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu
installieren (14001).
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

And the same three modules show the same error msg.:
     DWMAPI.DLL
     EFSADU.DLL
     INETCOMM.DLL

Is this useful? Do you need anything else?

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 22/04/2010 14:28, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> [...]
> installieren (14001).
>     -- Translation: the application could not be started because of
> errors in the configuration. Try to reinstall to solve the problem.
> Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for
> "c:\programme\pgadmin iii\1.10\LIBEAY32.DLL" contains errors. Diese
> Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration
> nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu
> installieren (14001).
> Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>
> And the same three modules show the same error msg.:
>     DWMAPI.DLL
>     EFSADU.DLL
>     INETCOMM.DLL
>

> Is this useful? Do you need anything else?

A little search on Google, and I find a lot of people complaining on the
same issue (but not on pgAdmin). Apparently, the usual fix is to
download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Package. You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

Let us know if it works out well. (If it works, I still don't get it...
we ship it with the installer, don't we?)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 22.04.2010 21:37, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> [...]
>> Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
>> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
>> export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>>
>> And the same three modules show the same error msg.:
>>      DWMAPI.DLL
>>      EFSADU.DLL
>>      INETCOMM.DLL
>>

>> Is this useful? Do you need anything else?
>>

> A little search on Google, and I find a lot of people complaining on the
> same issue (but not on pgAdmin). Apparently, the usual fix is to
> download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
> Package. You can get it here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
>
> Let us know if it works out well. (If it works, I still don't get it...
> we ship it with the installer, don't we?)

Congratulations, Guillaume! You nailed it. After installing "Microsoft
Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" pgAdmin 1.10.2 now starts normally.
The output of  the "Dependency Walker for v. 1.10.2 is now practically
identical to the output for v.1.10.1 - likewise if I use your newly
compiled version of pgAdmin3.exe in a 1.10.2 environment.

Some questions remain. As you wrote yourself: if the redistributable
part of MS Visual C++ is shipped with the installer, the problem should
not occur (?)
And why does it only happen on some PCs?
Also, why are previous versions not affected?

Either way, I can now test the latest bug fixes in the new version you
sent me on this PC. For now, however, have a nice weekend!

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgadmin 1.10.2 crashes on start

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 23/04/2010 21:25, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 22.04.2010 21:37, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:

>> A little search on Google, and I find a lot of people complaining on the
>> same issue (but not on pgAdmin). Apparently, the usual fix is to
>> download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
>> Package. You can get it here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
>>

>> Let us know if it works out well. (If it works, I still don't get it...
>> we ship it with the installer, don't we?)
>>

> Congratulations, Guillaume! You nailed it. After installing "Microsoft
> Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" pgAdmin 1.10.2 now starts normally.
> The output of  the "Dependency Walker for v. 1.10.2 is now practically
> identical to the output for v.1.10.1 - likewise if I use your newly
> compiled version of pgAdmin3.exe in a 1.10.2 environment.
>
> Some questions remain. As you wrote yourself: if the redistributable
> part of MS Visual C++ is shipped with the installer, the problem should
> not occur (?)

Don't know.

> And why does it only happen on some PCs?

Don't know either. I only know two people you had the issue, you and one
of my customers.

> Also, why are previous versions not affected?

Don't know.

> Either way, I can now test the latest bug fixes in the new version you
> sent me on this PC. For now, however, have a nice weekend!

Yeah, I'm glad it solved your issue :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org