Обсуждение: Query History enhancements

Query History enhancements

От
"Dickson S. Guedes"
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm thinking that there are some things that could enhance the query
history: allow the user defines the max size of the query that could
be added in history, the total number of queries stored and avoid
store itentical queries

What do you think?

Best regards,
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz
http://guedesoft.net - http://www.postgresql.org.br

Re: Query History enhancements

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 14/03/2010 00:22, Dickson S. Guedes a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm thinking that there are some things that could enhance the query
> history: allow the user defines the max size of the query that could
> be added in history, the total number of queries stored and avoid
> store itentical queries
>
> What do you think?

That there are good ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have time
to do that before next release. Unless you or someone else would like to
work on that.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: Query History enhancements

От
"Dickson S. Guedes"
Дата:
2010/3/13 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
> Le 14/03/2010 00:22, Dickson S. Guedes a écrit :
>> [...]
>> I'm thinking that there are some things that could enhance the query
>> history: allow the user defines the max size of the query that could
>> be added in history, the total number of queries stored and avoid
>> store itentical queries
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> That there are good ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have time
> to do that before next release. Unless you or someone else would like to
> work on that.

I've started something this weekend and I'll send a patch in a few days.

[]s
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz
http://guedesoft.net - http://www.postgresql.org.br

Re: Query History enhancements

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 15/03/2010 06:28, Dickson S. Guedes a écrit :
> 2010/3/13 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
>> Le 14/03/2010 00:22, Dickson S. Guedes a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> I'm thinking that there are some things that could enhance the query
>>> history: allow the user defines the max size of the query that could
>>> be added in history, the total number of queries stored and avoid
>>> store itentical queries
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> That there are good ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have time
>> to do that before next release. Unless you or someone else would like to
>> work on that.
>
> I've started something this weekend and I'll send a patch in a few days.

Wow, great. That's really great news.

While you're working on the query tool, can you take care of ticket #145
(http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/145)? it needs a new configuration
in the frmOptions dialog, and the capacity to append the output to the
file, rather than overwriting it. Should be quite simple to do. If you
do, I would like a patch for this specific ticket, and another one for
your current work. BTW, I'll add a ticket for this.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: Query History enhancements

От
"Dickson S. Guedes"
Дата:
2010/3/15 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
> Le 15/03/2010 06:28, Dickson S. Guedes a écrit :

>>> That there are good ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have time
>>> to do that before next release. Unless you or someone else would like to
>>> work on that.
>>
>> I've started something this weekend and I'll send a patch in a few days.
>>

> Wow, great. That's really great news.
>
> While you're working on the query tool, can you take care of ticket #145
> (http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/145)? it needs a new configuration
> in the frmOptions dialog, and the capacity to append the output to the
> file, rather than overwriting it. Should be quite simple to do. If you
> do, I would like a patch for this specific ticket, and another one for
> your current work. BTW, I'll add a ticket for this.

Hum. Ok, I'll do it too and send two distinct patches.

Thanks.