Обсуждение: import: crash fixed

import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
hi Guillaume

Late reply, too.
By a stupid operation, I lost all mails and other files in a partition.

That bug you found is triggered by a small file less than 20 rows.
I fixed it and others, supressing all warning message under gcc.
The code is not tested enough yet.

The type uint is unrecognised by VC++ in file pgcsvfile.h.
So I fix it to "unsigned int".

And anyone know where to download PostgreSQL html version document?

Regards.

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Sorry. Another issues were found.
Please wait before I fix them.

On 2010-2-1 22:07, Quan Zongliang wrote:
> hi Guillaume
>
> Late reply, too.
> By a stupid operation, I lost all mails and other files in a partition.
>
> That bug you found is triggered by a small file less than 20 rows.
> I fixed it and others, supressing all warning message under gcc.
> The code is not tested enough yet.
>
> The type uint is unrecognised by VC++ in file pgcsvfile.h.
> So I fix it to "unsigned int".
>
> And anyone know where to download PostgreSQL html version document?
>
> Regards.

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Quan,

Le 01/02/2010 15:07, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
> [...]
> Late reply, too.
> By a stupid operation, I lost all mails and other files in a partition.
>
> That bug you found is triggered by a small file less than 20 rows.
> I fixed it and others, supressing all warning message under gcc.
> The code is not tested enough yet.

OK.

> The type uint is unrecognised by VC++ in file pgcsvfile.h.
> So I fix it to "unsigned int".

Yes, you're right.

> And anyone know where to download PostgreSQL html version document?

I think it is available in the release tarball.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
On 2010-2-3 6:49, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I think it is available in the release tarball.

I found them. thanks.

A lot of obvious errors were found. It's weird.
I had tested them with some normal case. But now it can't import a
simple file.
The sources that be pushed to git repository must not be newest.

I have recode something as all data in the old harddisk were gone.
Please wait.

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
It can work with some bugs now.
( A lot of bugs. -.- )

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 07/02/2010 10:57, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
> It can work with some bugs now.
> ( A lot of bugs. -.- )

So I can grab a new copy and test it? or do you prefer to continue your
work before more testing is done?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
You can preview it if have time off.
Then give some suggestions to me about function, option and UI, etc.

And, which C/C++ IDE do you use under Linux to compile pgAdmin?

Thanks

On 2010-2-8 17:51, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> So I can grab a new copy and test it? or do you prefer to continue your
> work before more testing is done?

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 08/02/2010 12:49, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
> You can preview it if have time off.
> Then give some suggestions to me about function, option and UI, etc.
>
> And, which C/C++ IDE do you use under Linux to compile pgAdmin?

An xterm which really is a complete IDE, but not a user friendly one :)

More to the point, I use vim. For .xrc file, I prefer Kate right now but
that might change if I find time to re-read the folding mecanism of vim.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
2010/2/8 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
> Le 08/02/2010 12:49, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
>> You can preview it if have time off.
>> Then give some suggestions to me about function, option and UI, etc.
>>
>> And, which C/C++ IDE do you use under Linux to compile pgAdmin?
>>

> An xterm which really is a complete IDE, but not a user friendly one :)
>
> More to the point, I use vim. For .xrc file, I prefer Kate right now but
> that might change if I find time to re-read the folding mecanism of vim.

Just as an additional point on this.. While I don't use it myself, I
know of a lot of people who are using eclipse fiarly successfully with
C++ projects as well these days.,

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 08/02/2010 13:50, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> 2010/2/8 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
>> Le 08/02/2010 12:49, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
>>> You can preview it if have time off.
>>> Then give some suggestions to me about function, option and UI, etc.
>>>
>>> And, which C/C++ IDE do you use under Linux to compile pgAdmin?
>>>

>> An xterm which really is a complete IDE, but not a user friendly one :)
>>
>> More to the point, I use vim. For .xrc file, I prefer Kate right now but
>> that might change if I find time to re-read the folding mecanism of vim.
>
> Just as an additional point on this.. While I don't use it myself, I
> know of a lot of people who are using eclipse fiarly successfully with
> C++ projects as well these days.,

Really slow on the launch process. Or I probably should get another
laptop :)

I also tried Geany. Really quick, and fine.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: import: crash fixed

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
On 2010-2-8 17:51, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Le 07/02/2010 10:57, Quan Zongliang a écrit :
>
>> It can work with some bugs now.
>> ( A lot of bugs. -.- )
>>

> So I can grab a new copy and test it? or do you prefer to continue your
> work before more testing is done?

New code pushed, rewrote csv parsing code and some fix.
NOT work fine yet.