Обсуждение: Patch: Crash on linux-x64

Patch: Crash on linux-x64

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Team,

We found a bug on linux-x64 machines.
* Select any of the catalog table/view, and then Press 'D' or 'd', it crashes with "segment fault" error.

Our findings are:
* We are creating Dummy Node for catalog tables/views with "Dummy", which is not visible. (ctl/ctlTree.cpp - line#
* If we change the label with "xDummy" label, then pgAdminIII crashes on pressing 'x'.

Please find the patch with solve this problem for us.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Patch: Crash on linux-x64

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We found a bug on linux-x64 machines.
> * Select any of the catalog table/view, and then Press 'D' or 'd', it
> crashes with "segment fault" error.
>
> Our findings are:
> * We are creating Dummy Node for catalog tables/views with "Dummy", which is
> not visible. (ctl/ctlTree.cpp - line#
> * If we change the label with "xDummy" label, then pgAdminIII crashes on
> pressing 'x'.
>
> Please find the patch with solve this problem for us.

Oh - nice catch. I hadn't considered the dummy nodes!

Couple of thoughts about the patch...

We should use #ifdef __WXGTK__ not __LINUX__ as we also support *BSD
and Solaris, *but*, although the bug only occurs on Linux, should we
just use this search code on all platforms for consistency and future
enhancement?

Don't worry about submitting a new patch - I'll hack up whats there
based on what we decide.

--
Dave Page

Re: Patch: Crash on linux-x64

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:
Couple of thoughts about the patch...

We should use #ifdef __WXGTK__ not __LINUX__ as we also support *BSD
and Solaris, *but*, although the bug only occurs on Linux,
ok
Should we just use this search code on all platforms for consistency and future
enhancement?
I think yes - that will make the behaviour consistent on all the platform.

In wxWidgets, It starts searching the node starts with the pressed character from the selected node.
If no such node found, it start searching the similar node from the ROOT node.

In our function (FindItem), we look for the children, grand-children and siblings below the selected node as the search criteria.
Don't worry about submitting a new patch - I'll hack up whats there
based on what we decide.
:)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Patch: Crash on linux-x64

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Page wrote:
>
> Couple of thoughts about the patch...
>
> We should use #ifdef __WXGTK__ not __LINUX__ as we also support *BSD
> and Solaris, *but*, although the bug only occurs on Linux,
>
> ok
>
> Should we just use this search code on all platforms for consistency and
> future
> enhancement?
>
> I think yes - that will make the behaviour consistent on all the platform.
>
> In wxWidgets, It starts searching the node starts with the pressed character
> from the selected node.
> If no such node found, it start searching the similar node from the ROOT
> node.
>
> In our function (FindItem), we look for the children, grand-children and
> siblings below the selected node as the search criteria.
>
> Don't worry about submitting a new patch - I'll hack up whats there
> based on what we decide.
>
> :)

Thanks, applied for all platforms.

--