Обсуждение: I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Hi, all

Now, in pgConn class, the definition is:
pgSet *pgConn::ExecuteSet(const wxString& sql)

I want to modify it to new definition:
pgSet *pgConn::ExecuteSet(const wxString& sql, bool quiet = false)

When quiet is true, don't pop error message.

Because in import function, it allows user-defined expression.
When generate preview, send the expression to DB to validate it.
If not quiet, a lot of error message will be poped.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Re: I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Now, in pgConn class, the definition is:
> pgSet *pgConn::ExecuteSet(const wxString& sql)
>
> I want to modify it to new definition:
> pgSet *pgConn::ExecuteSet(const wxString& sql, bool quiet = false)
>
> When quiet is true, don't pop error message.
>
> Because in import function, it allows user-defined expression.
> When generate preview, send the expression to DB to validate it.
> If not quiet, a lot of error message will be poped.

Do you need to use ExecuteSet for this? ExecuteVoid already has a
reportError flag which can be used to stop it logging error messages.

--
Dave Page

Re: I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> Do you need to use ExecuteSet for this? ExecuteVoid already has a
> reportError flag which can be used to stop it logging error messages.
The result is needed to be displayed.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Re: I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you need to use ExecuteSet for this? ExecuteVoid already has a
>> reportError flag which can be used to stop it logging error messages.
> The result is needed to be displayed.

OK - well I'm happy for you to modify ExecuteSet if that's what you
need - but please try to use a similar API to the existing ExecuteVoid
one.

--
Dave Page

Re: I want to modify "pgConn::ExecuteSet"

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> OK - well I'm happy for you to modify ExecuteSet if that's what you
> need - but please try to use a similar API to the existing ExecuteVoid
> one.

Ok.
It will be:
   pgSet *ExecuteSet(const wxString& sql, bool reportError = true);