Обсуждение: Patch: database version check

Patch: database version check

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Hi, Dave

very simple patch:

pgAdmin3.h
+const short SERVER_MAX_VERSION = 0x0805;//Exclusive

pgServer.cpp

+        if (conn->BackendMinimumVersion(SERVER_MAX_VERSION >> 8, SERVER_MAX_VERSION & 0x00FF))
+            wxMessageBox(_("Connected to newer database using old version pgAdmin, some function could not run
properly.\nUpgradeis recommended."));
+

I had tried to define a new class pgCheckBoxEntryDialog, but
it make pgAdmin's process always live after close.
I'm not familiar about it.  First, make a tiny patch.

It's not needed to define a new function to check version.
So, define a exclusive version: SERVER_MAX_VERSION.

Before commit, don't forget to modify message text.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Вложения

Re: Patch: database version check

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Dave
>
> very simple patch:
>
> pgAdmin3.h
> +const short SERVER_MAX_VERSION = 0x0805;//Exclusive
>
> pgServer.cpp
>
> +        if (conn->BackendMinimumVersion(SERVER_MAX_VERSION >> 8, SERVER_MAX_VERSION & 0x00FF))
> +            wxMessageBox(_("Connected to newer database using old version pgAdmin, some function could not run
properly.\nUpgradeis recommended."));
> +

Without the whole patch it's somewhat tricky to apply :-p

I've manually hacked up something roughly equivalent and committed it.

--
Dave Page

Re: Patch: database version check

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> Without the whole patch it's somewhat tricky to apply :-p
>
> I've manually hacked up something roughly equivalent and committed it.

The patch file has been attached. But that definition is strange.
So I tried to describe it.
After thought cursorily, I think minor-version + 1 is wrong.
(foolish man -.- )

Thanks for your right patch.

BTW:
With import function, some base class changed.
Two new methods: CanImport and CanExport added to pgObject class.
For pgTable, if it has column, both return true. If not, both return false.
For pgView, CanImport return false and CanExport return true.

As them are base class. Apply them now?

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Re: Patch: database version check

От
"Dave Page"
> With import function, some base class changed.
> Two new methods: CanImport and CanExport added to pgObject class.
> For pgTable, if it has column, both return true. If not, both return false.
> For pgView, CanImport return false and CanExport return true.
>
> As them are base class. Apply them now?

Do you expect to have the whole patch ready in the next 2 or 3 weeks?
If not, I'd rather wait until after we branch 1.10.

--
Dave Page