Обсуждение: Missing ssl test in configure

Missing ssl test in configure

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
I'm trying to compile pgAdmin on solaris and I was caught in the same
trap as many times before. I got following error:

error: you must specify a valid PostgreSQL installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

But it is not correct. I specified it correctly. However main problem
there is libssl. Default libssl installation on Solaris is in
/usr/sfw/lib which is not usually in library path.

Special lines are added for solaris to add -lssl in configure (see
acinclude.m4 line 412), but there is no check that ssl is really
installed or not. This check should be there.

    Comments?

        Zdenek

Re: Missing ssl test in configure

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
I attach suggested patch. I add libssl and libkrb5 tests, but maybe it
is not good place put them directly into PostgreSQL test. Please, feel
free to move it to correct place.

        Zdenek

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I'm trying to compile pgAdmin on solaris and I was caught in the same
> trap as many times before. I got following error:
>
> error: you must specify a valid PostgreSQL installation with
> --with-pgsql=DIR
>
> But it is not correct. I specified it correctly. However main problem
> there is libssl. Default libssl installation on Solaris is in
> /usr/sfw/lib which is not usually in library path.
>
> Special lines are added for solaris to add -lssl in configure (see
> acinclude.m4 line 412), but there is no check that ssl is really
> installed or not. This check should be there.
>
>     Comments?
>
>         Zdenek

*** acinclude.m4.orig    Fri Feb  1 12:04:47 2008
--- acinclude.m4    Fri Feb  1 12:27:04 2008
***************
*** 406,415 ****
          PGSQL_OLD_LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
          PGSQL_OLD_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"

          # Solaris needs -lssl for this test
          case "${host}" in
              *solaris*)
!                 LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${PG_LIB} -lssl"
                  ;;
              *)
                  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${PG_LIB}"
--- 406,431 ----
          PGSQL_OLD_LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
          PGSQL_OLD_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"

+         AC_LANG_SAVE
+         AC_LANG_C
+         AC_CHECK_LIB(ssl, SSL_library_init, [LIB_SSL=yes], [LIB_SSL=no])
+         AC_LANG_RESTORE
+
+         AC_LANG_SAVE
+         AC_LANG_C
+         AC_CHECK_LIB(krb5, krb5_sendauth, [LIB_KRB5=yes], [LIB_KRB5=no])
+         AC_LANG_RESTORE
+
+
          # Solaris needs -lssl for this test
          case "${host}" in
              *solaris*)
!                 if test "$LIB_SSL" = "yes"
!                 then
!                     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${PG_LIB} -lssl"
!                 else
!                     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${PG_LIB}"
!                 fi
                  ;;
              *)
                  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${PG_LIB}"
***************
*** 440,445 ****
--- 456,463 ----
          AC_LANG_SAVE
          AC_LANG_C

+         if test "$LIB_SSL" = "yes"
+         then
                  # Check for SSL support
                  if test "$BUILD_STATIC" = "yes"
                  then
***************
*** 468,475 ****
--- 486,501 ----
                      AC_CHECK_LIB(pq, SSL_connect, [PG_SSL=yes], [PG_SSL=no])
                  fi
                  fi
+         else
+             PG_SSL="no"
+         fi

+         if test "$LIB_KRB5" = "yes"
+         then
                  # Check for Kerberos support
+
+                 LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lkrb5"
+
                  if test "$BUILD_STATIC" = "yes"
                  then
                          AC_MSG_CHECKING(for krb5_free_principal in libpq.a)
***************
*** 497,502 ****
--- 523,531 ----
                      AC_CHECK_LIB(pq, krb5_free_principal, [PG_KRB5=yes], [PG_KRB5=no])
                  fi
                  fi
+         else
+             PG_KRB5="no"
+         fi

          AC_LANG_RESTORE

Re: Missing ssl test in configure

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Feb 1, 2008 11:33 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> I attach suggested patch. I add libssl and libkrb5 tests, but maybe it
> is not good place put them directly into PostgreSQL test. Please, feel
> free to move it to correct place.

Thanks, committed to SVN trunk. That code needs some thorough cleanup
anyway, so until thats done I don't think thats an unreasonable place
for those tests.

/D