Обсуждение: Crash when trying to view SQL for new unique constraint

Crash when trying to view SQL for new unique constraint

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Hi developers!

Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 4 (Sep 4 2007, rev: 6608:6609).
Client Win XP, host: Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8; host: Debian Etch / PG 8.1.9

pgadmin crashes when I try to view the SQL for a UNIQUE constraint to be
created via dialog.

Steps to reproduce:
In the object tree, right click on the Constraints collection of a table
 -> New Object -> New Unique Constraint -> dialog.
Enter a name, add any filed(s).
pgAdmin goes down, when you try to view the SQL for this.

Additional Info:
- Does not crash with other constraints.
- Does not crash as long as no fields have been selected.
- Crashes with the hosts Debian Sarge / pg 8.1.8 or Debian Etch / pg 8.1.9
- Does not crash with host: Debian Etch / pg 8.2.4.
- The "Tablespace" combobox has an "empty" entry as default for pg
8.1.*, but nothing of the sort for pg 8.2.4.
  But it still crashes for pg 8.1.* if I choose "pg_default" instead

Regards
Erwin

Re: Crash when trying to view SQL for new unique constraint

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> pgadmin crashes when I try to view the SQL for a UNIQUE constraint to
> be created via dialog.
Trying to actually create the index (hitting OK) crashes as well.

/E

Re: Crash when trying to view SQL for new unique constraint

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi developers!
>
> Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 4 (Sep 4 2007, rev: 6608:6609).
> Client Win XP, host: Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8; host: Debian Etch / PG 8.1.9
>
> pgadmin crashes when I try to view the SQL for a UNIQUE constraint to be
> created via dialog.

It seems that a GUC without a value is set to 'unset' on 8.1 and not ''
as we get on 8.2. Having fixed this (which I found before testing your
report on 8.1), I can no longer recreate the issue you report.

Regards, Dave