Обсуждение: Time for feature freeze

Time for feature freeze

От
Dave Page
Дата:
It's been a long while coming, but I think it's about time for feature
freeze and testing now. Any objections?

Assuming not, Guillaume; it would seem like a sensible time to update
the translation catalogs and get the translators working again. Are you
OK to handle that again?

One thing I will note; this freeze/testing period is likely to be quite
relaxed in pace. There might yet be one or two changes to PostgreSQL
that require changes in pgAdmin, and I will almost certainly need to
tweak the pl/pgsql debugger as we need to reengineer the API slightly
before we can release the PostgreSQL version of the plugin (we need to
remove the support for EDB packages). I don't expect either of these to
be major issues, or to have any real effect on translation statuses etc.

Anyway, if we're all happy, we can see about producing an initial beta
version in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Dave

Re: Time for feature freeze

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> It's been a long while coming, but I think it's about time for feature
> freeze and testing now. Any objections?

Not at all. I just hope the beta period won't last too long.

> Assuming not, Guillaume; it would seem like a sensible time to update
> the translation catalogs and get the translators working again. Are you
> OK to handle that again?

Oh, yes, of course. I've done a stringextract && stringmerge tonight. We
currently have 17 published translations. They aren't all at 100% but
I'm sure we can achieve this. I will also try to get some new translators.

> One thing I will note; this freeze/testing period is likely to be quite
> relaxed in pace. There might yet be one or two changes to PostgreSQL
> that require changes in pgAdmin, and I will almost certainly need to
> tweak the pl/pgsql debugger as we need to reengineer the API slightly
> before we can release the PostgreSQL version of the plugin (we need to
> remove the support for EDB packages). I don't expect either of these to
> be major issues, or to have any real effect on translation statuses etc.
>
> Anyway, if we're all happy, we can see about producing an initial beta
> version in a couple of weeks.

It would be great. I'll try to get as much completed translation as
possible for the first beta.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Re: Time for feature freeze

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> It's been a long while coming, but I think it's about time for feature
>> freeze and testing now. Any objections?
>>

> Not at all. I just hope the beta period won't last too long.

So do I - unfortunately it'll follow along with PostgreSQL for the most
part though. Once it's in beta, we can be 95% sure there won't be any
catalog or syntax changes that are likely to affect us.

>> Assuming not, Guillaume; it would seem like a sensible time to update
>> the translation catalogs and get the translators working again. Are you
>> OK to handle that again?
>>

> Oh, yes, of course. I've done a stringextract && stringmerge tonight. We
> currently have 17 published translations. They aren't all at 100% but
> I'm sure we can achieve this. I will also try to get some new translators.

Woah- that's *really* impressive. You almost have nothing to do!!

>> One thing I will note; this freeze/testing period is likely to be quite
>> relaxed in pace. There might yet be one or two changes to PostgreSQL
>> that require changes in pgAdmin, and I will almost certainly need to
>> tweak the pl/pgsql debugger as we need to reengineer the API slightly
>> before we can release the PostgreSQL version of the plugin (we need to
>> remove the support for EDB packages). I don't expect either of these to
>> be major issues, or to have any real effect on translation statuses etc.
>>
>> Anyway, if we're all happy, we can see about producing an initial beta
>> version in a couple of weeks.
>>

> It would be great. I'll try to get as much completed translation as
> possible for the first beta.

For sure.

Thanks, Dave