Обсуждение: View data - aborting randomly and no result

View data - aborting randomly and no result

От
Dhanaraj M
Дата:
Hi

1. When I view the data of a table, there is no result.
    (blank window and status is "aborting")

2. When I execute the query, the result is blank.
     The status is ":".

Both the behaviours are not consistent.

I am using pgadmin3-1.6.2/wxWidgets2.8.0
The platform is Solaris10/x86.

Any idea??

Thanks
Dhanaraj

Re: View data - aborting randomly and no result

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Dhanaraj M wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1. When I view the data of a table, there is no result.
>    (blank window and status is "aborting")
>
> 2. When I execute the query, the result is blank.
>     The status is ":".
>
> Both the behaviours are not consistent.
>
> I am using pgadmin3-1.6.2/wxWidgets2.8.0
> The platform is Solaris10/x86.
>
> Any idea??

Are you sure that is 1.6.2? Both of those are symptoms of bugs fixed in
earlier 1.6 releases.

That said, one other possible reason is that your libpq is not built
with --enable-thread-safety.

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

>Dhanaraj M wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>1. When I view the data of a table, there is no result.
>>   (blank window and status is "aborting")
>>
>>2. When I execute the query, the result is blank.
>>    The status is ":".
>>
>>Both the behaviours are not consistent.
>>
>>I am using pgadmin3-1.6.2/wxWidgets2.8.0
>>The platform is Solaris10/x86.
>>
>>Any idea??
>>

>Are you sure that is 1.6.2? Both of those are symptoms of bugs fixed in
>earlier 1.6 releases.
>
>That said, one other possible reason is that your libpq is not built
>with --enable-thread-safety.

This bug does not appear,
when I use Sun's Postgres instead of using my own postgres built.

Thanks
Dhanaraj