Обсуждение: Mac Universal build

Mac Universal build

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi Chris, Florian

I've managed to produce a Universal OSX appbundle, which I've uploaded to:

http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/osx/pgadmin3-1.5.0-mac-universal.tar.
bz2

Otool reports the executable and libs are all Universal, and
complete-bundle.sh appears to have rewritten the paths to the bundled libs
OK.

If you've got a few minutes, would you mind trying it out on ppc and
particularly Intel (Chris :-) )? Of course, anyone else who has the
appropriate kit is also welcome to try it out and provide feedback.

Note that there is an unrelated bug in the query tool at the moment that
causes a crash as focus/mouseover changes. Ignore that - I'm trying to
figure out the nicest way of solving it. The rest of the code should work
though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Mac Universal build

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Chris, Florian
>
> I've managed to produce a Universal OSX appbundle, which I've uploaded to:
>
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/osx/pgadmin3-1.5.0-mac-universal.tar.
> bz2
>
> Otool reports the executable and libs are all Universal, and
> complete-bundle.sh appears to have rewritten the paths to the bundled libs
> OK.
>
> If you've got a few minutes, would you mind trying it out on ppc and
> particularly Intel (Chris :-) )? Of course, anyone else who has the
> appropriate kit is also welcome to try it out and provide feedback.
It works on both my lapton running 10.4, and the buildserver running
10.3

> Note that there is an unrelated bug in the query tool at the moment that
> causes a crash as focus/mouseover changes. Ignore that - I'm trying to
> figure out the nicest way of solving it. The rest of the code should work
> though.
Yeah, I noticed that - it reminded me of a bug in the stc that I found
in the early days of pgadmin on osx. IIRC some destructor invoked when
closing the query window first freed the window, and then crashed when
freeing some widget because the window was already gone..

greetings, Florian Pflug

Re: Mac Universal build

От
Dave Page

On 1/9/06 16:31, "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>> Hi Chris, Florian
>>
>> I've managed to produce a Universal OSX appbundle, which I've uploaded to:
>>
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/osx/pgadmin3-1.5.0-mac-universal.tar.
>> bz2
>>
>> Otool reports the executable and libs are all Universal, and
>> complete-bundle.sh appears to have rewritten the paths to the bundled libs
>> OK.
>>
>> If you've got a few minutes, would you mind trying it out on ppc and
>> particularly Intel (Chris :-) )? Of course, anyone else who has the
>> appropriate kit is also welcome to try it out and provide feedback.
> It works on both my lapton running 10.4, and the buildserver running
> 10.3

Great - Chris reports that it works well on Intel as well :-)

>> Note that there is an unrelated bug in the query tool at the moment that
>> causes a crash as focus/mouseover changes. Ignore that - I'm trying to
>> figure out the nicest way of solving it. The rest of the code should work
>> though.
> Yeah, I noticed that - it reminded me of a bug in the stc that I found
> in the early days of pgadmin on osx. IIRC some destructor invoked when
> closing the query window first freed the window, and then crashed when
> freeing some widget because the window was already gone..

It's some focus code that works around a bug in wxFrameManager where it
doesn't detect if a pane has received focus unless it's an immediate child
of the pane that gets it. Which is rarely the case for the grid control, as
it's usually one of it's sub controls that gets focus. My 'fix' works a
treat on Windows, just has some, err, issues on Mac.

/D