Обсуждение: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Does anyone have an Intel Mac that they would be willing do try building
pgAdmin on? There's certainly one script that will fail, but I'm kinda
hoping that will be all :-). It would be good to know for sure, and be
able to fix the script (lines 20/26 of
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/mac/comple
te-bundle.sh?rev=5055&view=markup presumably need 'ppc' changed to
'i386' or 'intel' or something).

Cheers, Dave.

Re: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Dave Page wrote:
> Does anyone have an Intel Mac that they would be willing do try building
> pgAdmin on? There's certainly one script that will fail, but I'm kinda
> hoping that will be all :-). It would be good to know for sure, and be
> able to fix the script (lines 20/26 of
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/mac/comple
> te-bundle.sh?rev=5055&view=markup presumably need 'ppc' changed to
> 'i386' or 'intel' or something).

If someone has an intel mac, but doesn't have the time to try a pgadmin
compilation, I'd be enough report what the command
"file /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview"
produces.

mfg, Florian Pflug

Re: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
"Dave Page"

> If someone has an intel mac, but doesn't have the time to try a pgadmin
> compilation, I'd be enough report what the command
> "file /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview"
> produces.

Yes please :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
"Stefan Csomor"
Дата:
Hi

file /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview

gives

/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview (for architecture i386):      Mach-O executable i386
/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview (for architecture ppc):       Mach-O executable ppc

HTH

Stefan

On 24/3/06 05:34, "Stefan Csomor" <csomor@advancedconcepts.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> file /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview
>
> gives
>
> /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview: Mach-O universal binary with
> 2 architectures
> /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview (for architecture i386):
> Mach-O executable i386
> /Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview (for architecture ppc):
> Mach-O executable ppc

Thanks Stefan.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
Guy Turcotte
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I'm running Tiger V10.4.5 on an iMac 2Ghz Intel Core Duo.

I'm trying to compile pgadmin but I'm getting problems
with .configure . As I'm a newbie on this platform...

Here is the result I get:

[start]

...$  ./configure --enable-appbundle --with-pgsql=/Library/PostgreSQL
--with-wx=/usr/bin

checking libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking pgsql in /Library/PostgreSQL... ok
checking for wxWidgets... yes
ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory
ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory

   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/bin/wx-config --cppflags --
unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
            in /usr/lib/wx/config
   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
   the default prefix.

ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory
ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory

   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/bin/wx-config --static=no
--libs --unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
            in /usr/lib/wx/config
   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
   the default prefix.

ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory
ls: wx*-2.4-config: No such file or directory

   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/bin/wx-config --static=no
--libs stc,ogl --unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
            in /usr/lib/wx/config
   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
   the default prefix.

configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin
in the selected configuration. This may be because it was configured
without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/
static linking and debug/non-debug libraries selected did not match
any installed wxWidgets libraries.

[end]

I tried to identify my version of wxWidget (2.5.3) without success...

I can try things on my computer on you behalf if you like...

-- Guy

On 20-Mar-06, at 10:30 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> Does anyone have an Intel Mac that they would be willing do try
> building
> pgAdmin on? There's certainly one script that will fail, but I'm kinda
> hoping that will be all :-). It would be good to know for sure, and be
> able to fix the script (lines 20/26 of
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/mac/
> comple
> te-bundle.sh?rev=5055&view=markup presumably need 'ppc' changed to
> 'i386' or 'intel' or something).
>
> Cheers, Dave.

Re: Anyone got an Intel Mac yet?

От
"Dave Page"

What version of pgAdmin? The configure code in 1.4.x and SVN trunk is
very different. In addition, there is at least one Intel Mac
incompatibility that was only fixed yesterday for 1.4.3 and trunk.

> I tried to identify my version of wxWidget (2.5.3) without success...

It certainly looks like your wx installation is messed up. What does
'wx-config --version' return? Oh, and you should really run 2.6.2 -
2.5.x is an obsolete development series that we do not support.

Regards, Dave.