Обсуждение: 1.4.2?

1.4.2?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Seems to me we might be about ready for 1.4.2. Any objections? If not, I'll
look at wrapping it sometime next week.

Regards, Dave.

Re: 1.4.2?

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> Seems to me we might be about ready for 1.4.2. Any objections? If not, I'll
> look at wrapping it sometime next week.

Go.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: 1.4.2?

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>>Seems to me we might be about ready for 1.4.2. Any objections? If not, I'll
>>look at wrapping it sometime next week.
>

> Go.

Hi,

any reason why the patch concerning "double linkage"[1] issue has not
been applied?

Regards,
Raphaël
[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2005-12/msg00170.php

Re: 1.4.2?

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Raph,

Mainly because it got overlooked (sorry). It won't go onto the stable branch anyway though - we never had a bug report
aboutit (just the patch), and I'm not prepared to modify that code with virtually zero field testing to 'fix' it in
1.4.x.

Regards, Dave.

Re: 1.4.2?

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Hi Dave,

At least we got one bug report... see bug #341117 at debian.org [1] :)

> and I'm not prepared to modify that code with virtually zero field testing to 'fix' it in 1.4.x.

I tested it myself ;) Just joking, I fully understand your position.
However, can you please consider adding it for next release? I'll keep
trace of it separately in debian packages until it's included upstream.

Cheers,
Raph

Re: 1.4.2?

От
"Dave Page"

s/we/debian :-)

> > and I'm not prepared to modify that code with virtually
> zero field testing to 'fix' it in 1.4.x.
>
> I tested it myself ;) Just joking, I fully understand your position.
> However, can you please consider adding it for next release?
> I'll keep
> trace of it separately in debian packages until it's included
> upstream.

Certainly. Of course, you are welcome to apply a platform specific mod to 1.4.2 for Debian only as it'll obviously work
there.I'm more worried aboout breaking Solaris/FreeBSD etc.

Regards, Dave

Re: 1.4.2?

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Debian -> community & I -> we ;)

>>>and I'm not prepared to modify that code with virtually
>>
>>zero field testing to 'fix' it in 1.4.x.
>>
>>I tested it myself ;) Just joking, I fully understand your position.
>>However, can you please consider adding it for next release?
>>I'll keep
>>trace of it separately in debian packages until it's included
>>upstream.
>

> Certainly. Of course, you are welcome to apply a platform specific mod to 1.4.2 for Debian only as it'll obviously
workthere. I'm more worried aboout breaking Solaris/FreeBSD etc.

mmmh take a look at the patch... Should be ok.
Maybe other maintainers could try it and report?

Regards,
Raph

Re: 1.4.2?

От
"Dave Page"

I have, and yes, it /should/, but I've seen enough weird link failures caused by missing libs that were thought not to
beneeded for it to make me nervous. You can obviously test it properly on Debian though, so it you want a port specific
patchI don't object.

I'll certainly apply the patch in trunk though (perhaps modified a little as I've been rehashing much of that code
recently).

Regards, Dave