Обсуждение: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
I managed to build from CVS HEAD today on FreeBSD 4.9 RELEASE, and
encountered a number of things that I thought would be worth noting :

Firstly, the versions of key software:  gcc 2.95.4,  autoconf 2.59

i) building wxwindows

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/wxwindows --disable-shared
--enable-static --enable-monolithic --with-gtk --disable-gtk2

(needed the --enable-monolithic otherwise got many undefined symbols at
pgadmin3 build time)

ii) building pgadmin3

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgadmin3
--with-wx=/usr/local/wxwindows --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/7.5
--enable-static --enable-debug

(I notice in config.log that --no-create --no-recursion were silently
added ???)

this failed to build and complained about :

utils/utffile.cpp:86: error: no matching function for call to
`wxMBConv::MB2WC

I cured this with the following :

src/utils/utffile.cpp
:86
    m_conversion->MB2WC((wchar_t*) ((wxChar*)wxStringBuffer(str, nLen)),
buffer, nLen+1);

the build failed again with undefined symbols for jpeg, png and xml
stuff, so....

in src/Makefile
:311
LIBS = ..... -ljpeg -lpng -lxml2 -lexpat

A successful build at last :-)

iii) running pgadmin3

$ gdb pgadmin3
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/pgadmin3
0x83f4a6a in wxMBConvUTF8::MB2WC ()

I guess this is the lack of unicode etc in FreeBSD 4.x, I kludged this
with the following:

src/utils/utffile.cpp
:61
    m_conversion = 0;   /* avoid conversion!*/
    if (m_conversion)

After make + make install it started but aborts after not finding
various file in ui.
I cured this with:

$ cd src; cp -r ui  /usr/local/pgadmin3/share

Finally it runs ok!

regards

Mark

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
I decided to do a fresh checkout and go through the process again - just
to check I had not missed something important. I had, bootstrap is
failing at the automake step (I think I previously ran autoconf and
continued on ....oops). Looks like I need to update automake ...

$ sh ./bootstrap
+ [ -x config ]
+ aclocal
+ autoheader
configure.ac:7: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
m4_bpatsubst
aclocal.m4:519: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
configure.ac:7: the top level
configure.ac:42: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
aclocal.m4:532: _AM_DIRNAME is expanded from...
configure.ac:42: the top level
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
automake: configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/install-sh'
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/missing'
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/config.guess'
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/config.sub'
automake: configure.ac: installing `config/depcomp'

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
Using automake 1.8.4 results in a bootstrap working, and fixes the
installation ui files issue.

regards

Mark

> After make + make install it started but aborts after not finding
> various file in ui.
> I cured this with:
>
> $ cd src; cp -r ui  /usr/local/pgadmin3/share

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Hiroshi,

Have you tried a build on 4.9?

Regards, Dave.

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Hiroshi Saito
Дата:
Dear Mark and Dave.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Have you tried a build on 4.9?

I am sorry.
I was not able to touch it recently.:-(
However, the environment could be used only by single-byte
by the reason which is gtk2 and which is referred to as not
carrying out unicode correspondence.

> From: Mark Kirkwood [mailto:markir@paradise.net.nz]
>
> I managed to build from CVS HEAD today on FreeBSD 4.9
> RELEASE, and encountered a number of things that I thought
> would be worth noting :
>
> Firstly, the versions of key software:  gcc 2.95.4,  autoconf 2.59

Thank you for more information.:-)
I appreciate better information.
Does server_encoding suit it because use is possible only at SQL_ASCII?

BTW,
In Japan, there is a long-term holiday from the second half the last week to this week.
It is called "Golden Week".

best regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>However, the environment could be used only by single-byte
>by the reason which is gtk2 and which is referred to as not
>carrying out unicode correspondence.

No, unicode is ok by me - If I really need it I will upgrade to Freebsd
5.x, but for now I want to stay with 4.9 (as it performs better for what
I am doing at the moment)

>>Firstly, the versions of key software:  gcc 2.95.4,  autoconf 2.59
>>

>Thank you for more information.:-)
>I appreciate better information.

Sorry - I only gave you the "deltas" from 4.9 RELEASE

- wxwindows-pgadmin3-20031010-7
- automake 1.8.4
- gtk 1.2.10 and 2.2.4 (built wxwindows using 1.2.10)
- jpeg-6b_1, libungif-4.1.0b1_1, png-1.2.5_2

output from gtk and wxwindows config programs are :

$ /usr/local/wxwindows/bin/wx-config --libs
-L/usr/local/wxwindows/lib -pthread
/usr/local/wxwindows/lib/libwx_gtk-2.5.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk12 -lgdk12 -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-E -lgmodule12
-lgthread12 -lglib12 -pthread -lintl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lz -lm

$ /usr/local/wxwindows/bin/wx-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/wxwindows/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.5
-I/usr/local/wxwindows/include -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES

$ gtk-config --libs
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk12 -lgdk12 -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-E -lgmodule12 -lgl

$ gtk-config --cflags
-I/usr/X11R6/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
ib12 -lintl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm

if you want some other stuff, let me know :-)

>Does server_encoding suit it because use is possible only at SQL_ASCII?

Yes, I am just using SQL_ASCII for all databases.

regards

Mark

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Dear Mark.

Thank you for the wonderful following assistance.:-)

From: "Mark Kirkwood" <markir@paradise.net.nz>

(snip)
> Sorry - I only gave you the "deltas" from 4.9 RELEASE
>
> - wxwindows-pgadmin3-20031010-7
> - automake 1.8.4
> - gtk 1.2.10 and 2.2.4 (built wxwindows using 1.2.10)
> - jpeg-6b_1, libungif-4.1.0b1_1, png-1.2.5_2

When I did try in the past, it couldn't start them exactly
with gtk2.2.1 (glib2.2.1). Then, it feels the same as the
reason why you didn't include it.
However, I will try the spot to catch it again, too.

> Yes, I am just using SQL_ASCII for all databases.

Hmm.
When there is it, a single-byte only package may be good, too.
(It guesses that there are many users by far.)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

I have tried this since yesterday.
But, a problem with 4.8 and conditions didn't change....
However, it is tried again with the plan that it has been warmed up since former times.
It made conditions change completely.

1)wxWidets is 20040507 CVS checkout
I used this.

2)Wide-charcter-library originally to have is connected and changed.
http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~jack/beta/index.html
It worked with working-directry, and I included this into static.

Then, it was led to a success.!
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD4.9_sample1.jpg
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD4.9_sample2.jpg
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD4.9_sample3.jpg

The link condition is this.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/LDD.txt

There was one warning.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD4.9_sample0.jpg

I advance preparation for the package from now.
Mark. Thank you for much information.:-)

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Dave Page"

Nice one :-)

> The link condition is this.
> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/LDD.txt
>
> There was one warning.
> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD
4.9_sample0.jpg

That's an odd one. Something in the wx snapshot perhaps?

Regards, Dave.

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
(snip)

> > There was one warning.
> > http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD4.9/FreeBSD4.9_sample0.jpg
>
> That's an odd one. Something in the wx snapshot perhaps?

I think so, too.
It tries to examine it after the offer of packageing is done first.
Probably, upload will be made on Monday.:-)

P.S)
A present machine --
CPU: Pentium/P55C (224.54-MHz 586-class CPU)
real memory  = 83886080 (81920K bytes)
avail memory = 76165120 (74380K bytes)

It is very early...:-(

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi ALL.

Done.!
http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/freeBSD/4.9/
Later, the make method which libw was used for will be making.

regard,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp>

> Probably, upload will be made on Monday.:-)

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Hiroshi Saito once said:
> Hi ALL.
>
> Done.!
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/freeBSD/4.9/
> Later, the make method which libw was used for will be making.
>
> regard,
> Hiroshi Saito
>
> From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp>
>
>> Probably, upload will be made on Monday.:-)

Nice one - well done Hiroshi :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: CVS Build on FreeBSD 4.9

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
Excellent ! - many thanks from all the 4.9 users - (I know they are out
there....)