Обсуждение: The comment of Primary key

The comment of Primary key

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

I am distracted!
Though a command is psql, it is the problem that it happens in pgAdmin3.

See this sample below.
CREATE TABLE "MyTransaction"
(
  "XID" int4 NOT NULL,
  "LastSeqId" int4 NOT NULL,
  "HostId" int4 NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT "MyTransaction_pkey" PRIMARY KEY ("XID", "HostId")
) WITH OIDS;
COMMENT ON CONSTRAINT "MyTransaction_pkey" ON "MyTransaction" IS 'What happens to this?';

saito=# SELECT cls.oid, cls.relname as idxname, indrelid, indkey, indisclustered, indisunique, indisprimary, n.nspname,
       indnatts, tab.relname as tabname, indclass, description,
       pg_get_expr(indpred, indrelid, true) as indconstraint, contype, condeferrable, condeferred, amname
  FROM pg_index idx
  JOIN pg_class cls ON cls.oid=indexrelid
  JOIN pg_class tab ON tab.oid=indrelid
  JOIN pg_namespace n ON n.oid=tab.relnamespace
  JOIN pg_am am ON am.oid=cls.relam
  LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_description des ON (des.objoid=cls.oid AND des.objsubid = 0)
  LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=indrelid AND conname=cls.relname
 WHERE cls.relname = 'MyTransaction_pkey';

  oid   |      idxname       | indrelid | indkey | indisclustered | indisunique | indisprimary | nspname | indnatts |
tabname
| indclass  | description | indconstraint | contype | condeferrable | condeferred | amname

--------+--------------------+----------+--------+----------------+-------------+--------------+---------+----------+-----------
----+-----------+-------------+---------------+---------+---------------+-------------+--------
 518874 | MyTransaction_pkey |   518872 | 1 3    | f              | t           | t            | saito   |        2 |
MyTransaction | 1978 1978 |             |               | p       | f             | f           | btree
(1 row)

*Why?*

saito=# SELECT * FROM pg_description WHERE objoid >= 518874::OID;
 objoid | classoid | objsubid |      description
--------+----------+----------+-----------------------
 518875 |    16386 |        0 | What happens to this?
(1 row)

Hmm... 518875?
Do I have misunderstanding?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: The comment of Primary key

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Hiroshi Saito once said:

> saito=# SELECT cls.oid, cls.relname as idxname, indrelid, indkey,
> indisclustered, indisunique, indisprimary, n.nspname,
>       indnatts, tab.relname as tabname, indclass, description,
>       pg_get_expr(indpred, indrelid, true) as indconstraint, contype,
>       condeferrable, condeferred, amname
>  FROM pg_index idx
>  JOIN pg_class cls ON cls.oid=indexrelid
>  JOIN pg_class tab ON tab.oid=indrelid
>  JOIN pg_namespace n ON n.oid=tab.relnamespace
>  JOIN pg_am am ON am.oid=cls.relam
>  LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_description des ON (des.objoid=cls.oid AND
>  des.objsubid = 0) LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_constraint con ON
>  con.conrelid=indrelid AND conname=cls.relname
> WHERE cls.relname = 'MyTransaction_pkey';

Hi Hiroshi,

I don't have a system to test this on at the moment so I may have missed
something...
You are joining to pg_description using pg_class.oid. This will return the
comment for the table. Try joining to pg_constraint.oid so it uses the
pkey records oid.
Regards, Dave.

Re: The comment of Primary key

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

Hmm..
pg_dumpall can't take it....
I had never used this comment sentence until now.
Did anyone use this?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I don't have a system to test this on at the moment so I may have missed
> something...
> You are joining to pg_description using pg_class.oid. This will return the
> comment for the table. Try joining to pg_constraint.oid so it uses the
> pkey records oid.
> Regards, Dave.

Re: The comment of Primary key

От
"Dave Page"

What pg_dumpall doesn't handle constraint comments? If that is so, it
should be reported to the pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org list. I don't think
it's a reason for us not to allow such comments though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: The comment of Primary key

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

I am sorry that work is late.
It was tested last night in this patch.
Is it all right with the thing before a release?
Include it if it is possible.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> I had never used this comment sentence until now.
> Did anyone use this?

What pg_dumpall doesn't handle constraint comments? If that is so, it
should be reported to the pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org list. I don't think
it's a reason for us not to allow such comments though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: The comment of Primary key

От
"Dave Page"