Обсуждение: Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation

Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 06:53, Prakash Advani a écrit :
> Hello Jean-Michel,
>
> Thank you for writing to us. We would be happy to see your application
> translated. I have a few questions.
>
> - Both GTK/QT are enabled to support Indian Languages through Unicode.
> Does your application use any of those?
>
> Regards
> Prakash

Dear Prakash,

Thank you very much for your answer. PostgreSQL is the most advanced free
software database in the world.

pgAdmin3 administration interface (http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3) is based
on the wxWindows multi-platform framework and linked against GTK2 with
Unicode support. pgAdmin3 allows the user to select a custom font. We support
Right to Left languages, with only one problem about menus which do not
invert (yet). Gujarati, Hindi and several other languages from India are
supported.

If you are working under GNU/Linux, I would recommand using the latest version
of gTranslator or Kbabel. We also provide custom packages of poEdit linked
against GTK2 with Unicode support.

If you want to be sure pgAdmin3 works with languages from India, why not
perform a test: translate the 40 first entries or so of an empty .po file and
send it back to me.

A detailed guide and list of languages is available from
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php

If you would like to register for a translation, do not hesitate to get back
to us as explained in the howto available online. We will do our best to
support you during the translation.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré

Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 10:03, Prakash Advani a écrit :
> Dear Jean-Michel,
>
> Sounds good, does PostgreSQL support Unicode completely? How many
> strings does PGAdmin PO file have?
>
> Regards
> Prakash

Dear Prakash,

PostgreSQL supports Unicode completely. It is the only Free Software database
with full Unicode internals.

Please visit our web page http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php. A
list of languages is displayed with the number of entries. Please refer to
the translation howto.

Do not hesitate to get back to us to register for a translation. We will do
our best to support you.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation

От
Prakash Advani
Дата:

--
Prakash Advani, Senior Vice President
Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd. www.netcore.co.in

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Blog Profiles, RSS Ecosystem, Blog Tops, Search
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org