Обсуждение: ALTER OR REPLACE feature

ALTER OR REPLACE feature

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear friends

I was surprised to notice that INTERBASE already has more than a dozen
graphical administration interfaces:
- http://www.interbase2000.org/tools_dbman.htm,
- http://delphree.clexpert.com.

In my dreams, I would welcome ALTER OR REPLACE VIEW + ALTER OR REPLACE
TRIGGER (sorry, this is on my whish list again). Without these two features,
this is not easily ***possible*** to build a graphical admin & IDE interface
for PostgreSQL.

KDE3/QT3 makes it possible to build cross-platform database administration
tools. We don't need a dozen of them, just one good IDE with migration
features from MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Interbase...

The community is waiting for ALTER OR REPLACE, my friends... We also need
ALTER TABLE DROP FIELD, but this is probably more tricky.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: [HACKERS] ALTER OR REPLACE feature

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> I was surprised to notice that INTERBASE already has more than a dozen
> graphical administration interfaces:
> - http://www.interbase2000.org/tools_dbman.htm,
> - http://delphree.clexpert.com.
>
> In my dreams, I would welcome ALTER OR REPLACE VIEW + ALTER OR REPLACE
> TRIGGER (sorry, this is on my whish list again). Without these two features,
> this is not easily ***possible*** to build a graphical admin & IDE interface
> for PostgreSQL.
>
> KDE3/QT3 makes it possible to build cross-platform database administration
> tools. We don't need a dozen of them, just one good IDE with migration
> features from MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Interbase...

Check out TOra - this is currently for Oracle only, but teher is no
inherent
reason why you can't alter it for others.