Re: PREPARE and stuff

От Andreas Kostyrka
Тема Re: PREPARE and stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Well, that's not completely trivial => the plan might depend upon the concrete value of $1,$2 and $3.

Andreas

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff:    [PERFORM] PREPARE and stuff
Von:    PFC <lists@peufeu.com>
Datum:        23.06.2007 21:31

    Suppose a web application with persistent database connections.
    I have some queries which take longer to plan than to execute !

    I with there was a way to issue a PREPARE (like "PERSISTENT PREPARE").
    Now all Postgres connections would know that prepared statement foo( $1,
$2, $3 ) corresponds to some SQL query, but it wouldn't plan it yet. Just
like a SQL function.
    When invoking EXECUTE foo( 1,2,3 ) on any given connection the statement
would get prepared and planned. Then on subsequent invocations I'd just
get the previously prepared plan.

    Is this planned ?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster