Re: GSOC PostgreSQL partitioning issue

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: GSOC PostgreSQL partitioning issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Necati Batur <necatibatur@gmail.com> wrote:
> The more specific of the items will just be the exact job I guess.
> However the detailed form will be hard to write now.
> Or should I explain the sql issues for each point?

Partitioning is a big project.  It seems to me that if you want to
have any chance of making a meaningful contribution in one summer,
you're going to need to have a pretty specific idea of what you hope
to accomplish up front, and I don't think you have that right now.
The hard changes are not going to be adjustments to SQL syntax, but in
the guts of the planner, executor, system catalogs, etc.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: GSOC PostgreSQL partitioning issue
Сообщение: Re: GSOC PostgreSQL partitioning issue