Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Lamar Owen writes:
> > > Ok, I have a first set of 7.1beta3 RPMs uploading now.  These RPMs pass
> > > regression on my home RedHat 6.2 machine, which has all locale environment
> > > variables disabled (/etc/sysconfig/i18n deleted and a reboot).
>
> > Some thoughts:
>
> > Re: rpm-pgsql-7.1beta3.patch
>
> > | diff -uNr postgresql-7.1beta3.orig/src/Makefile.shlib postgresql-7.1beta3/src/Makefile.shlib
> > | -  LINK.shared          = $(COMPILER) -shared -Wl,-soname,$(soname)
> > | +  LINK.shared          = $(COMPILER) -shared -Wl
> > |  endif
>
> > This cannot possibly be right.
>
> It's what you recommended a while back.  See the discussions on -soname
> from the libpq.so.2.1 versus libpq.so.2.0 thread awhile back.

Not having a soname doesn't really solve the problem, though... it
should be used, but correctly (major, minor)

> > Re: spec file
>
> > | # I hope this works....
> > |
> > | %ifarch ia64
> > | ln -s linux_i386 src/template/linux
> > | %endif
> >
> > It definitely won't...

It did... we've successfully run queries etc on it.

> > | # If libtool installed, copy some files....
> > | if [ -d /usr/share/libtool ]
> > | then
> > |         cp /usr/share/libtool/config.* .
> > | fi
>
> > This is useless (because the config.* files are not in src/ anymore) and
> > (if it were fixed) not recommendable because config.{guess,sub} is not
> > compatible to itself, *especially* in terms of Linux recognition.  You
> > really should use the ones PostgreSQL comes with.

We have a libtool tuned to work with lots of platforms, like ia64,
s390 etc... this makes sure it's used.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.