Re: Official versus Unofficial RPMs

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: Official versus Unofficial RPMs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Allan Engelhardt <allane@cybaea.com> writes:

> The web site [*] mentions that there are "official" and "unofficial"
> RPMs available for 7.2, but doesn't give a clue to what the
> differences are or why I might want one over the other.
>
> Can somebody on this list clue me in??

The official ones are made by Lamar Owen, and is from the PostgreSQL
group. It's built on machines he has access to.

The "unofficial" ones are built by me in the Red Hat build system, and
may diverge slightly from Lamar's in other ways (we sync often, there
isn't much different...  I have one python patch extra)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.